Let's take another look... PINNED By V.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Here I'm going to share my thoughts on PINNED an effect by a member here on the forums, V.

What is it?
A short PDF that teaches this effect...
Take a look: At an opportune moment, draw your spectator's attention to a button you have on your shirt. "What about it?" they ask. "Check this out..."
then hold you shirt and begin to drag the button across your shirt!
After everyone's gone wild, they watch you unclip the button and hand it out for full examination!

What you'll need...
Well firstly, you'll need a button. Y'now, something like this?

Second, to accomplish the effect you'll also need an item most of you probably have, used in some other magic effects. If you don't have what you need, you can easily get it for cheap.

Method
Nothing wrong here. It's simple, not something you'd read and go "Oh-ho-ho! That's fiendishly clever!". It gets the job done.

Difficulty
Not difficult at all, no angles to cover, no knacky sleights it's just easy. Can be mastered with minimal practice.

Setup and reset
Setup and reset are very quick and easy, you can even do it in front of the spectator with some misdirection (but not "HEY EVERYONE, LOOK OVER THERE SOMETHING COOL IS HAPPENING! Just don't get everyone to focus on it) if you don't want to walk around with the button on.

Practicality and Powerfullness
Practical. And Powerfull
I withheld my review for a while because I actually wanted to go out and perform this for some people. I got a chance for a few performances, PINNED did very well and everyone enjoyed it a lot. Maybe not a closer but defiantly works somewhere in your performance.
Anytime you find an effect that you are GOING to perform (and I will continue performing this), it's good.

Final thoughts
Firstly, thanks to V. for providing me with the PDF.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive the E-Book is currently only available
through V.

All in all, this effect was a pleasant surprise for me, something to change up all the stuff with cards I usually do.
Easy to manage (space-wise) and perform and gets good reactions.
I think that's everything that need to be said now.

So Peace,
- Sam

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Great review, thanks.

I am glad that you enjoyed the effect and had fun with it.

V.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results