Levitating objects and invisible thread.

Hello t11,

I would like to start learning some magic regarding levitating/moving objects and decks of cards, and effects using invisible thread. My questions to you are:

Do you know any good DVD's teaching techniques of levitating and other uses for invisible thread??
What is the best invisible thread I can buy?? My options are:
  • Mesika invisible thread
  • Some no-name invisible thread
  • Mesika Elastics
  • Kevlar invisible thread

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I would also like to say that I ordered Loops in the past and they were just horrible. I ripped the first 4 out of 5 in the first 5 minutes. They were just so easy to snap.

You can do the haunted deck with loops. You just need to learn how much tension you can put on them, that's all. As I said it's a learning process. You're going to snap a few until you get it figured out just because it's based on feeling.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I understand your frustration on the learning curve and snapping them. I bought a pack of 5 (a few years ago) and think I had them all snapped in a half hour....ha ha.

Something else you can try is go to your local craft shop (Pat Catans or JoAnn Fabric) and purchase invisible elastic. Now...you can't just go in and ask for it because the workers will have no clue what you are talking about but if you go to the thread area, you should be able to find clear or black thread that has a bit of a stretch to it. It is much stronger than loops, however it is a bit more visible.

You can see what all they have and depending on your environment and the darkness, it would work just as well.

Oct 22, 2011
California
Ellusionist has the guerrilla guide to loops. It's a three dvd series on loops. I've only purchased the first one, but it had some killer effects and tips for how to care for the loops and extend their life and also what to do if the loop breaks in performance. On top of that the other effects that were on the other two dvd's looked even better than the first and the first was pretty killer. As much as I hate to throw business their way, check out Ellusionist.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I will second Will's vote on the Vector thread. I've heard very good things about it's strength, but it is a bit thicker than than Mesika.
Supposedly it is strong enough to hold an entire deck of cards.

E's Guerrilla guide to Loops is pretty sweet as mentioned by montemaster, so you can't go wrong with it.

Jul 23, 2009
Steve Fearson

Check out Steve Fearson's Master Levitation System. A lot of incredibly useful info and you learn several different hook up.It comes with a dvd jam packed with incredible tips and nuances for doing levitation's and if you get the pack it comes with some extra props for some interesting levitation. Vector thread is good as said before, and his elastic EVE thread is outstanding as well. It comes so that you can separate it into three different thicknesses which means you can choose how visible and strong it is.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results