Levitations, levitations, levitations!

Sep 8, 2007
Wisconsin
I have been practicing magic for a few months and have just started showing my friends tricks with invisible loops. Now all they want to see is stuff levitating. any ideas on how to get them off my back?:confused:

Sep 2, 2007
For me. I do a couple of killer effects, but I do them RARELY. and after awhile, people start to know thaqt you don't/won't do it often. For me, it's a CIB with a folding coin, and KAOS. This is because they are effects with some AMAZING reactions. So, I wonm't do them much. I let my reputati0on precede me. and thats really what you should do. don't levitate stuff on a daily basis. try weekly, or bi-weekly. make it rare to see it.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
Stuff levitating is very powerful, visual magic. I usually start with the levitating rubber band, then move into a levitating pen/pencil, then I'll work into a hovercard which seques into card magic, and since you've got loops already haunted decks and other things are easily accomplished.

Sounds like you're in the stage of your magic where you need to start creating routines.

Best of luck

Sep 2, 2007
remember what DG said. i think it was along the lines of when you make stuff levitate, you're trying to go against science. instead of making things float, maybe its better to just make them move. it seems more believable to me.

either say "no", but a bit less bluntly, or just perform your killer effects rarely and they will learn to savor the "killer effects and not just take them for granted, and personally, I think levitations are some of the strongest effects out there.

Sep 1, 2007
Minnesota
Perhaps you could say something about the mood not being right. Either that, or just say "no". Just don't be too unkind about it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results