Linking Witness

Oct 13, 2007
Hey guys,

i read some reviews on witness and saw it's trailer here and now I'm thinking about purchasing it...bit I've got one doubt:
How do you link it? I think it looks a bit strange to the audience if you just pull out a little bag and start the trick. What do you tell your audience or what do you do to make the link to this trick look natural?

Or am I just too afraid and there's nothing to worry about?

- muhazz

Sep 1, 2007
If I understand you correctly you can link into witness at any time in your routine. You will have the plastic bag in your pocket or something and then just go into the trick at any time.

Oct 13, 2007
If I understand you correctly you can link into witness at any time in your routine. You will have the plastic bag in your pocket or something and then just go into the trick at any time.

Of course, you technically can, but if you do just what you said, without any patter or something this will look a bit...well...causeless and strange I think.

Sep 2, 2007
I think it looks a bit strange to the audience if you just pull out a little bag and start the trick. What do you tell your audience or what do you do to make the link to this trick look natural?
If you have Indecent, which like Witness, uses a bag, you'll know that bag should not be a problem. The audience's focus will be on the devastating effect that you will be performing.

From the reviews, Lee Asher goes over the effect step by step and covers every fact of the effect necessary.

If anything, like sourboarder stated, you can have your spectator select a card, show the bag with an incorrect prediction, and then transform it in your spectator's selected card with Witness.

Cheers,
JTM

C

clarrus

Get indecent too. After you do witness, you can do indecent and shock and amaze people

Sep 9, 2007
If you have Indecent, which like Witness, uses a bag, you'll know that bag should not be a problem. The audience's focus will be on the devastating effect that you will be performing.

From the reviews, Lee Asher goes over the effect step by step and covers every fact of the effect necessary.

If anything, like sourboarder stated, you can have your spectator select a card, show the bag with an incorrect prediction, and then transform it in your spectator's selected card with Witness.

Cheers,
JTM

If you watch the video, you'll know WHY you have the bag and what the reason is.

It also a good way to lead into indecent since you now have a good reason to have a bag for that trick too.

C

clarrus

One thing I like about the combo is that almost everyone always says, teach us how to do it. I tell them that I am going to SHOW them how the trick is done and move onto indecent. hehehe

Sep 2, 2007
If you watch the video, you'll know WHY you have the bag and what the reason is.
Yes, the sealed bag contains a Joker... and then you transform the Joker, inside of the sealed bag, into the spectator's selection, while he or she has been holding the bag.

I thought he meant, "What kind of guy walks around with a sealed bag with a Joker inside?" I could be wrong, though.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 9, 2007
"What kind of guy walks around with a sealed bag with a Joker inside?"

The same kind of guy that walks around with a deck of cards performing magic tricks...:D

The point is, you validate the bag by saying it's your prediction and that's why you have it. as opposed to pre-witness days walking around witha ziploc bag for indecent and being like "hey look what i can do with a ziploc bag!"

Sep 3, 2007
London
I don't know how Witness works, but my idea after I get it is to follow Indecent with it. I'd have the wrong card penetrate the bag with Indecent and then do Witness to transform the card to the correct one.

I am not trying to tip the method here but I don't think doing that would be possible to do well, there is more to Witness than just placing a random card inside a bag.

Sep 9, 2007
I am not trying to tip the method here but I don't think doing that would be possible to do well, there is more to Witness than just placing a random card inside a bag.

I can't imagine how it would be possible at all. but it might be.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results