Liquid Glass - Calvin Lauber

I contacted Calvin and asked if he would like to trade my ebook for his, so I could take a look at Liquid Glass, his collection of effects centered around penetrations through a glass table.

I had watched the demos before and the first time I saw Immerse I was fooled. I was also fooled when I watched the coin through glass effect he calls Sublime. The ring through table didn't get me as much as the first two.

After seeing his manuscript it can be said that these need to be pulled off with great technique and in the case of Immerse a little misdirection. The timing on the penetrations must be precise.

Immerse can be performed anywhere with a glass table and a deck of cards. The ring through glass table effect, Cascade, can be done with a borrowed ring and can be done anytime. The coin effect Sublime does have a very easy set up.

These are all real world tricks. No pipe dreams, magnets, gimmicks or anything else, just simple and to the point. Too often we view effects as a magician and purchase them based on the fact that WE weren't fooled by it. These effects might not fool you after you've viewed the video two times, but how often in life does a magician perform something twice? Never. These will fry a spectator.

Calvin provides you with step by step directions as well as all the necessary photographs.

I just wish I had a glass table around to practice these on. I know that next time I have the opportunity I will be trying out Sublime.

For ten bucks this isn't a bad deal.

http://www.lybrary.com/liquid-glass-p-825.html

For the record:
I do not know Calvin except for the few messages we exchanged. I understand that he is a teenager, 14 I believe. There are a lot of bad teenage magicians and a lot of bad material released by teenage magicians. This is not one of those items. I think Calvin's creativity will only grow and it will be fun to see what kind of material he is releasing in five to six years. It’s obvious that he has very good technique, probably even better then me. I’m sure his effects will only get better with time.

Take it easy,
Ben

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results