Lit - Wait... What?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Yes, another question about lit. I was wondering - because no one seems to have brought this up before - aobut the matches. What is your justification for bringing the matches into play?

I mean,

"A spectator is asked to take a match out of a matchbook, and ignite a match to verify its validity. The matchbook is then held tightly in their closed fist.

A card is selected in the deck - then visually vanished under impossible conditions. The spectator slowly opens their hand to find the matchbook has visually transformed into a twisted hybrid of playing card and match pack."

Just seems to me a bit random, is all.

GW

Aug 16, 2008
you can do it as you are:
ighting a candleor great for in restauraunts
your previous trick can be a center tear or a peak then once you know what they wrote you you burn it and keep the matches out or have someone hold onto them

i dont own the trick but there are some ideas

Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Do you need justification?
Don't get me wrong, sometimes justification is good but I see nothing wrong with just pulling out a matchbook. They know you're a magician, they know your about to do a trick. Justification is not always necessary.

May 3, 2008
A lot of what magicians do doesn't make much sense. I'm assuming that's why they include 2 bonus effects that include matches and hopefully make a little routine out of them.

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
I think Blaine had them take their card and hold it face down, then held the lit match underneath it. The heat from the match magically transformed it, and when they flipped it over it was a different card. Of course, the original card was in the matchbook.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
My advice, defined after a lot of consideration on the subject, is this- If we cannot justify exactly what we are doing, it may be a little strange.

Guess what?

We're meant to be doing things that are a little strange!

I see no preoblem at all with that point... personally...

CL

Dec 5, 2007
I was a little dissapointed when i saw this effect, Because its not exactley the same as David Blaine does.

I thinki it would be allot stronger if the card was signed as David Blaine did it. Also i think that people might think that something is upp with the matchbox, since you brings out a match book from your pocket, and makes it change into a card. I mean, how many most people has lighters nowdays.

I dont think it looks like a bad effect att all, But i just think the ad would say something like, A variation of the effect fetured on David Blaines speciall or something, Since its not the exact effect.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Thanks for the responses, I was just wondering about it - because the trailer doesn't actually say anything about giving the matches to anybody and why. I guess know I know!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results