Live Magic Voting Open

Mar 4, 2008
Both were great.

Winterline - a little drawn out, but killer presentation/ending/reaction.

Nexusmagic - Great reactions, but you should slow certain things down a bit and work a little on presentation.

I haven't voted yet because I don't know having multiple tricks in the video is a problem. Or are we just voting on reactions?

If one of you can clearify, I can vote.

I just read back on the original pm that winterline sent me and it did indicate that there was suppose to be a video, seeing as I used several of my videos not posted from the spectator point of view camera, I breached the original guide lines.

Just a blunder on my part.

Thanks,

John Mitchell

Jun 22, 2008
earth
Go ahead and vote as you please, which ever one you think is better, vote for that one. The battle was based on the strength of the trick as well as the reactions,

"vote based on both the trick as well as the spectator(s) reaction."

So just be honest and vote accordingly :)

Nov 23, 2007
NC
This is impossible to vote on. Nexusmagic had a lot of tricks and Winterline
you only had one. You cant make a comparison when you have a compilation vs a single effect.

You guys should try to void this out and start fresh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 22, 2008
earth
it's not impossible to choose your vote, do you find my trick or his tricks better, is what it's about. If you want to be strict, look at the rules for the battle, "vote based on both the trick as well as the spectator(s) reaction." so in that respect, nexusmagic messed up and made a compilation. But again, I'll stress that it's up to you. If you think that his tricks and reactions were better then my trick and reactions, vote for him , if not give me your vote.

Personally I disagree with the idea of starting over. I'm very pleased with my performance and reactions and would like to see it be recognized as so (hopefully people will want to vote for me).

I'm happy to do another live battle, I'm not at all interested in doing a camera performance as that is not what magic is about for me. I actually just posted another challenge with basically the same rules, but this one will not be discarded. so please, cast your vote.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I think your missing my point.

I understand what you are saying and believe me I respect your magic
so dont take this the wrong way, but let me give you an example from an
outside looking in perspective:

If you have a McDonalds french fry and I have a Burger King french fry I think its
reasonable to ask people to vote for which one they like best.

But if you have a McDonalds french fry and I have a Burger King french fry, a Hardees canjun fry, a Chik-Fil-A waffle fry, and a Arbys curly fry I cant see how its reasonable to say "do you like my fry or his fries better".

I know that nexus made a mistake and didnt do it on purpose and that your proud of your performance and dont want to start over. I understand that. I'm just saying look in from the outside.

In the end its your battle. Do as you please.

Mar 4, 2008
After thinking this over for a while, I voted for winterline. Why, you may ask.

I based my vote on reaction, and although nexus got very loud and shocked reactions, winterline got a more "authentic/quality" reaction. Meaning - nexus got people to react - but it was in a shocked kind of way. Unlike winterline's - he built up a trick with presentation and at the end had a great moment of true suspense, and got a truly baffeled spectator from it.

Just my $0.02

Jun 22, 2008
earth
thanks ayli, that's exactly what I was hoping people would see.

Flyspazz, I totally understand where you are coming from, your analogy is good however you over look the possibility that that one fry is the ultimate fry, so no matter how many other fries you try, the single fry is still the better tasting one. If you are still torn, no worries, I'm happy that we were able to have this discussion.
:)
peace

Nov 10, 2007
I voted for nexusmagic because he did do it for random live people and performed very well.
Same for you winterline but you did not go out and film it but you guys both did a great job.

Jun 22, 2008
earth
I voted for nexusmagic because he did do it for random live people and performed very well.
Same for you winterline but you did not go out and film it but you guys both did a great job.

Well thanks magicman1212 for your input, but I do hope that your vote was based on your preferred video and not on the outdoor indoor issue you mentioned. I can assure you my spectator was as random as you can get. I never met him before, he came to my place for a bible study hosted by my uncle who was out of the country, so I entertained him as a compensation for coming all the way, it worked out great for me :D

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Flyspazz, I totally understand where you are coming from, your analogy is good however you over look the possibility that that one fry is the ultimate fry, so no matter how many other fries you try, the single fry is still the better tasting one. If you are still torn, no worries, I'm happy that we were able to have this discussion.
Ha touche'. Me too. I'll stay out of this one because I am indeed torn between them (which may be the ultimate
compliment now that I think about it).

However, I do look forward to your future battles.

Until then,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results