Live Performance: Rubber Band Magic!

rubber band magic is kind of like rope magic. its easy for people to miss stuff. so please make things very open and easy to understand.
make sure they know what is going on. and try to continue on with presentation. try not to repeat things or use the same line. and maybe try to make the whole trick about friendship, and not about magic. they know you will show them magic, you are a magician. so just polish that up and try to make the routine about friendship instead of both.

but yea maybe polish up on some of the patter and even just making sure that everyone knows what is happening.
i'll post up a vid of some of the rubber band things i do and how i present them to get the maximum impact even off of the first trick, (where the rubber band switches places)

Sep 9, 2010
rubber band magic is kind of like rope magic. its easy for people to miss stuff. so please make things very open and easy to understand.
make sure they know what is going on. and try to continue on with presentation. try not to repeat things or use the same line. and maybe try to make the whole trick about friendship, and not about magic. they know you will show them magic, you are a magician. so just polish that up and try to make the routine about friendship instead of both.

but yea maybe polish up on some of the patter and even just making sure that everyone knows what is happening.
i'll post up a vid of some of the rubber band things i do and how i present them to get the maximum impact even off of the first trick, (where the rubber band switches places)

Thanks for the help, looking forward to the video! was it good though?

its not quite good. now this is a video you'll look back on in a year or 2 and see what you did wrong or why its not great.
its not bad. and your out there trying so i give you that. the slights were good but the presentation lacked
but yea just work on those things i told you and it'll be a good rubberband routine.

Sep 9, 2010
its not quite good. now this is a video you'll look back on in a year or 2 and see what you did wrong or why its not great.
its not bad. and your out there trying so i give you that. the slights were good but the presentation lacked
but yea just work on those things i told you and it'll be a good rubberband routine.

Okay, thanks.

Apr 1, 2009
California
How did she find out the secret?? I thought only magicians new about the holes in the rubber bands that stick together and whatever else she said! weird! She must be one of us!

Although, a perfect line to use, or at least I would of used... "Yes... there are holes in the rubberbands..." Then point to the big open middle!

Keep performing. Don't have expectations of greatness yet. Steven Tyler said something great in his Rolling Stone interview... And I'll paraphrase... The problem with Idol and why it doesn't have quite as many "legends" popping up, is because these kids grew up with their high chairs made of gold. Success is about all those many years of being booed out of the smoky clubs and having bottles thrown at you.

In a nutshell you need to learn to fail before you can learn to succeed. You're still young. I'm still young! This is your development stage... Just keep getting your 10,000 hours performing and you'll get it. You're a step ahead of most by actually performing.

Sep 20, 2010
sweet

hey ,

great moves and nice combo idea, i tip try to get your crowd a part from your magic, remeber this is their magic in their head give them something to think about, a mgical gesture, fail a few times wait for them to watch.. be a little bit more into the show and less into the trick

Sep 9, 2010
How did she find out the secret?? I thought only magicians new about the holes in the rubber bands that stick together and whatever else she said! weird! She must be one of us!

Although, a perfect line to use, or at least I would of used... "Yes... there are holes in the rubberbands..." Then point to the big open middle!

Keep performing. Don't have expectations of greatness yet. Steven Tyler said something great in his Rolling Stone interview... And I'll paraphrase... The problem with Idol and why it doesn't have quite as many "legends" popping up, is because these kids grew up with their high chairs made of gold. Success is about all those many years of being booed out of the smoky clubs and having bottles thrown at you.

In a nutshell you need to learn to fail before you can learn to succeed. You're still young. I'm still young! This is your development stage... Just keep getting your 10,000 hours performing and you'll get it. You're a step ahead of most by actually performing.

Thanks Asher! I am very proud of my parents in that aspect, they are always honest! I'll continue to work on it.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Props for performing.

During CMH the motions should never be that big.

Watch Eric Ross do it on Ellen
Watch Nabil's Link
Watch how Daniel Garcia does it before slink.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results