Liwag's Flash back productions

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Hello there, so lately I have been practicing Homer Liwag's Coinone routine and Im just loving it. I was thinking about all the different ways you may be able to utilize it in different routines or effects. I was just wondering if anyone else has any ideas? If so, share, if not perhaps we could all brainstorm on some cool ideas.

Dec 16, 2007
London
The flashback position is a great way to conceal coins, and can be put into many routines, i have mixed coinone with some of kenners work, and got rid of the use of a shell, instead making it a 3 coin routine, ditching the secret 4th coin before the final stage leaving me clean.

Try switching things around, there is a huge amount of potential in the moves.

On a side note, have you checked out Liwags sight recently and seen the trailer for CoinTwo?!! my god im excited about that, the teaser trailer is sick- Homers variation of the Himber vanish is beautiful. I simply cannot wait for that, i predict it will be the best dvd of 2008!!!

Dec 16, 2007
London
Hey man, having just re-read my post i geusse it was a bit cryptic, I think what i was trying to get at is deconstructing the coins across effect, and instead of thinking of the routine as 1 thing that has to be done in a certian style, try breaking it down into the separate stages i.e the flight of each individual coin, that way you can choose the best elements of various routines and add your own ideas too.

If you havn't got Chris Kenners book 'Out of Control' then i strongly recommend it, i cant think of anything you money would be better spent on, it is full of great coin and card tricks, and in relation to CoinOne, Kenners 'Menage et Tois' is another very visual coins across effect that you will learn alot from. The card tricks in that book are also outstanding.

Also, a great way to improve the CoinOne effect is to change the vanish at the end to a complete vanish, thus leaving you comletely clean and the 4 coins in your spectators hands, what could be better. When i stated doing the routine i would use Sankeys 'Messia Vanish' which can be found on his greatest hits dvd's, and i would allow the coin to slide underneath my watch, so even without sleeves it appears very clean.

send me a PM if you want more tips, as you can probably tell, this is a subject that i really enjoy talking about!

Dec 2, 2007
Regarding CoinOne variations:

(for the first coin)

* Sometimes I use tenkai pinch and produce the coin in a similar fashion to the first coin in Jay Sankey's "Mr. Clean" routine found on Revolutionary Coin Magic and the Very Best of Jay Sankey Volume 3 (and probably other places as well...)

* another alternative is to use Apollo Robbins sequence for the first coin from his "Trapeze Trio" routine found on Cultural Exchange Volume 2. This is a very visual production from first finger backclip. When done properly it appears that the coin appears spinning in mid air several inches above your hand and drops into it.

(for the last coin)

* Charlie Justice has a very cool handling of the final coin which can be found on his Covert Coins DVD.

For other ideas I recommend closely looking at the PDF of the original version of this trick (Four Coins and a Filipino) which is on the Coin One DVD and comparing it to what is *visually* taught. All differences provide variations, as well as food for thought.

Same can be said with Chris Kenner's "The Deep" which is also on the Coin One DVD. Look how it differs from the write-up in Out of Control / Totally Out of Control. One thing that jumped out at me was how Chris handles the last coin in his book and how it contrasts with how he did the routine on the video. (...don't bother asking Chris why there is a difference, ask yourself why there is a difference!) Also if memory serves I believe the first part of the routine is completely different as well. Play with different variations and see what works best for you.

-ThisOneGoesTo11

Sep 24, 2007
Yep, the move is quite versatile. When I first saw the trailer (okay the first 32 times) it fooled me bad.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results