Locked Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2007
Not really looking for a reply here, but I'm just venting.

It seems that a lot of threads get closed for the wrong reasons.

Still love Theory11 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
And what exactly are the wrong reasons?

Frankly, I'm all in favor of them toughening up around here. It would probably help if they appointed a few more of them too.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
It's because the forum mods generally have no idea.

Guys this is inappropriate us mods are being attacked. I will have to close this thread do the request of several members.

If you have a problem with us then do it in a PM.

Now lets get back to magic.

(I predict that exact statement coming very soon.)

-Michael

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
If you have any issues or questions about moderation, then please do PM a moderator or Jon Raiker and feel free to voice your opinion to that person.

However, we try and make decisions that we feel would be best for the forum. We get lots of complaints when we don't close the Theory11 vs Ellusionist threads; however, when we close them, people tell us that they want it open so they can voice their opinion on the matter. So what are we to do?

We try and ensure that the threads on the forum are magic-related, that they aren't off-topic and things of that nature, but it isn't always easy, especially since none of us can be on here 24/7.

Again, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the way that things are being run here, don't hesitate to write and voice your opinions to Jon Raiker or any other member of the theory11 crew.

Take care,
TDA

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
And what exactly are the wrong reasons?

Frankly, I'm all in favor of them toughening up around here. It would probably help if they appointed a few more of them too.

If you don't like, why lurk around here? If you like a tough forum, just stay on Ellusionist. I mean, you are a mod there. By no means is there anything wrong with liking that kind of environment, it's just that if there is a forum that has what you seem to be looking for (a lot of mods and a no ******** policy) why go anywhere else? Im not trying to be a smartass, it's just a question.

Well, TDA really said it all. And guys, look we all know that some people think the moderators can be a bit strict but seriously lay off them.

There's a bunch of people on the site and only a few moderators. they can't respond to everything. Sometimes, they are forced to make an impulse decission so they close a thred. And wether they made the right choice or not we have to be respectful of that.

I honestly feel they are quite fair. whenever, I have a problem or question if one of my threads was closed down I always send out a PM to them all. they'll always get back to you, and always give you a chance to give your side of a story or give you feedback and information. I love the moderating and feel they should keep up the good work.

But, hey, to each his own. all I'm saying is lay off the mods. They're doing the best they can. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Dylan P.

Toad

Banned
May 28, 2008
I think some people just have a problem with authority. Doesn't matter how magnanimous you are, ever rebel without a clue still wants to stick it to The Man.

i do not follow anyone but my Lord, Jesus Christ.

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Same reason I leave the house.

Unless you are a robot that eats electricity I think food is a pretty good reason to leave the house...

I go to forums and just look around without participating much as I'm sure others do as well. But to participate heavily in a forum that I don't even like is not something I would do.

Sep 1, 2007
Well how else was I supposed to reply? I asked a question and the best answer you could give me was a one line sarcastic remark

Not really sarcastic. Just vague. In time, you'll learn not to take anything I say at face value.

Either way, I gave you an answer. Make of it what you will.

Oct 25, 2007
It's not that I think the mods aren''t doing a good job, it's just that some threads get closed for no reason.

I can see why some do get closed. But it seems that threads that have people engaged in conversation where both parties are expressing their differences get closed just because they argue. I'm not talking arguing like they start to call each other names and whatnot but more like arguing where one tries to get the other to see their point of view.

Now granted that some of them do get get a little personal and I can see why the mods step in. And by all means close those threads. However, if both parties are trying to express and explain their views and others join and as long as it a "friendly" type of argument...why close it.

I think its always good to see different side's of the arguement/opinion.

Steerpike may anger a few people on the site, but personally I think some of what he say's is quiet positive.

He doesnt 'hate it here' if he did, he wouldnt continually come back. I think he infact may enjoy it here, and I enjoy hearing his side alot of the time.

It would be nice to see some 'heated' threads continue for a bit longer, but I can understand as to why they are locked.

Its meant to be a family-friendly forum..

Peace,
x

Oct 25, 2007
No it's not that the threads suck.

Some are awesome topics and they can really end up being great discussions.
But I understand that mods have their reasons for closing threads as they see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results