Logo

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys, just wanted to get some feedback on a logo I've been playing around with. I wanted to use my initials, and make it original and streamlined. This has been a concept of mine for a few months, and I finally found a good font to use.

Check it, give me some feedback.

David

PS. Sorry, forgot to mention this. Basically, the rightmost vertical line of the M is also the vertical line of the D, which you can see the curve of. Just wanted to avoid any confusion.

Attachments

• dmnew.jpg
    dmnew.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 110
Oct 28, 2007
it's alright, i think you should put some like surrounding detail some like intricate border because right now it doesn't seem to exciting but the logo itself would work nicely

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
it's alright, i think you should put some like surrounding detail some like intricate border because right now it doesn't seem to exciting but the logo itself would work nicely
I played around with some kind of border or design, but it didn't look that great in my eyes. I posted an example of what I did below.

IT looks okay but it looks kind of boring. I Maybe if you add more design and color.
As I said to ninja, I played around with that and didn't really like the outcome. Check out the attachments below.

David

Attachments

• dmsite1.jpg
    dmsite1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 104
  • dmsite2.jpg
    dmsite2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 100
The first one is brilliant. The blue didnt help at all!

The use of a logo is endless. If you use it on a business card its will look elegant.
If you use it on a website you can change it a bit to fit the website.
Its a great logo! But i would use my own handwriting (and i have)
You can style it the way you want and dont have to worry about finding a font to suit it!

Mikk

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 81
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's the white background that isn't working for me as is - on these forums, being black/grey, it looks like something someone could've made on Paint - on the other hand, as a signature or logo at the bottom/top of a white backed PDF, it would work better. But the inversion of colours in Mikk's version makes it better and more professional looking here.

Sep 8, 2008
Try some more fonts?! And play with the aligments,
The font you've chose is okay, but I think there is something missing, Mr Madmans handwriting suggestion was good, but even if not your own try finding another that is more handwriting style... www.dafont.com is great!
Alignment wise, write each letter in differnt text boxes and play aorund with how far apart, up and down etc changes the aesthetics of the logo.
But the foundation you've got there is in the right ballpark, nice and simple and certainly suited to your specifics. And also as said above, try out white writing on black background rather than black writing on white.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
The first one is brilliant. The blue didnt help at all!

The use of a logo is endless. If you use it on a business card its will look elegant.
If you use it on a website you can change it a bit to fit the website.
Its a great logo! But i would use my own handwriting (and i have)
You can style it the way you want and dont have to worry about finding a font to suit it!

Mikk
Thanks for the advice, I didn't think about that. This is still something in the works, so Ill try out what you said.

It's the white background that isn't working for me as is - on these forums, being black/grey, it looks like something someone could've made on Paint - on the other hand, as a signature or logo at the bottom/top of a white backed PDF, it would work better. But the inversion of colours in Mikk's version makes it better and more professional looking here.

That's also his logo, not mine.

Try some more fonts?! And play with the aligments,
The font you've chose is okay, but I think there is something missing, Mr Madmans handwriting suggestion was good, but even if not your own try finding another that is more handwriting style... www.dafont.com is great!
Alignment wise, write each letter in differnt text boxes and play aorund with how far apart, up and down etc changes the aesthetics of the logo.
But the foundation you've got there is in the right ballpark, nice and simple and certainly suited to your specifics. And also as said above, try out white writing on black background rather than black writing on white.
I'm trying to avoid black backgrounds. This was mainly designed to go on my website, and I do not want a black website. The white background isn't going to change.

David

It actually dosent matter what the background is (as said before this site is black and gray so its better to see it like this). If your Website is in light colors than its good you are trying to get the most from the Light colors but always test it in both black and white. (This is just what i do when i make a logo)

But i really like the idea. This can also be applyed to your autograph.

Mikk

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
It actually dosent matter what the background is (as said before this site is black and gray so its better to see it like this). If your Website is in light colors than its good you are trying to get the most from the Light colors but always test it in both black and white. (This is just what i do when i make a logo)

But i really like the idea. This can also be applyed to your autograph.

Mikk

Sorry, forgot to say this. I have tested it with a black background, and I hated the way it looked.

David

No one else thinks it looks a lot like that T11 logo?? That was the first thing I saw. Personally, I think you could do much better, David. Some of the editing in your videos is awesome, compared to the logo you came up with. And if that was your first go-round at designing a logo, you're doing yourself a real disservice being satisfied at that.

It took me close to a month (very short time looking back) and countless numbers of logos (hired PK for my logo) before I decided that I'd just use my caricature. Now I use that on all my letters, contracts, business cards, thank you cards, etc.

My point. Make sure it's something that represents you and looks professional. Even better, hire a designer and don't design it yourself. Reason being, that you would let other things influence how you design your logo. Maybe you subconsciously were thinking of the T11 logo??? LOL...it's a long shot, but I'd shell out a couple hundred bucks if I were you and let someone else design it. It'd be money well spent IMO. :)

Best.
Steve

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
No one else thinks it looks a lot like that T11 logo?? That was the first thing I saw. Personally, I think you could do much better, David. Some of the editing in your videos is awesome, compared to the logo you came up with. And if that was your first go-round at designing a logo, you're doing yourself a real disservice being satisfied at that.

It took me close to a month (very short time looking back) and countless numbers of logos (hired PK for my logo) before I decided that I'd just use my caricature. Now I use that on all my letters, contracts, business cards, thank you cards, etc.

My point. Make sure it's something that represents you and looks professional. Even better, hire a designer and don't design it yourself. Reason being, that you would let other things influence how you design your logo. Maybe you subconsciously were thinking of the T11 logo??? LOL...it's a long shot, but I'd shell out a couple hundred bucks if I were you and let someone else design it. It'd be money well spent IMO. :)

Best.
Steve
I never said I was satisfied, and I'll continue to mess with logo ideas for a while. What t11 logo are you referring too? As for shelling out that kind of money just for a logo, I think it's a waste. First off I don't have that kind of money to shell out, and second I can take my time and eventually make something I'm satisfied with.

Thanks for the editing compliment.

David

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results