Longer than 72 hours... 6 days and counting...

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Hey

Sorry for posting a thread on this, I just wasn't sure who's running the day to day work at The Wire.

Basically, I submitted something 6 days ago now and I've heard nothing back from it, I'm wondering if it's been lost in the system or maybe it's just back logged?

I hate to sound like a nagger but eagerly checking my emails every 5 minutes for a week (even whilst being in another country) is starting give me grey hairs! haha

Cheers,

Lloyd

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I'm guessing it's just backlogged. Maybe wait one more day and then PM Andrei or JB. Then they can tell you that they don't have it or that they are still doing some research on it.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey Lloyd, while most submissions are cleared or approved within 72 hours, there are exceptions in cases when we need to do significant crediting research prior to approval. We never like holding up a great submission, but at the same time, we never want to rush through a submission without proper research and due diligence by our panel.

That said, if ever in doubt, shoot a message to our support crew and they will check into this for you. Excited to see your submission!

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Hey Lloyd, while most submissions are cleared or approved within 72 hours, there are exceptions in cases when we need to do significant crediting research prior to approval. We never like holding up a great submission, but at the same time, we never want to rush through a submission without proper research and due diligence by our panel.

That said, if ever in doubt, shoot a message to our support crew and they will check into this for you. Excited to see your submission!
Thanks for the speedy response, as always J.B.

Thanks for highlighting the cases where extra research time is taken. I won't message the support crew just yet, as I'm sure they're doing a stellar performance, I was just getting worried after the initial 72 hours was up.

Cheers :)

Lloyd

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
My submission was a few days late and it was accepted. Hopefully yours will be worth the wait too. Good luck

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
There is a ton of work / hours that goes into reviewing Wire submissions and I know there is a panel of a few people that like to look over things to make sure everything is kosher. If it is something that require a lot of research to check crediting and such, that could delay the process. I'm sure Lyle and crew is looking into it. Thanks for your patience.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I know it's frustrating but out of the small handful of submissions I've personally submitted the ones that tend to take the longest are the ones that have the most feedback. With my effect Unbuttoned it took a bit longer to release because after a little over a week I got it back asking to make a couple minor changes to my trailer. I then resent it and it took at least a day for them to review it one more time.

I know it's tough to stay in limbo but Theory11 and the Wire is a lot faster than most other publishing methods. Even if it takes a month to release it.

Yes of course! I am sure the team is doing the best they can and this is what matters! I had a question on my mind... is the team working during weekends reviewing submissions or can we expect an answer only during week?

Marc-Antoine Denis

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results