Looking for a magic trick

Jan 21, 2023
So when I was much younger, about 10 years ago or so, a magician came to my school and did a mind reading trick that fooled everyone and I have been searching for the routine for a long time through YouTube and searching on Google but I couldn't find it. The trick was he asked 3 questions, but he wrote down the answers before hand, and revealed the answers to be the same. I don't remember all the details about the trick, but I would be enormously grateful if someone atleast knows this trick or can tell me anything about it.
The 3 questions were;
Think of any hand held tool, think of a color that starts with the letter b, and think of a number between 1 and 4. Then the answers he revealed were ; screwdriver, either black or blue(I can't remember), and the number 3, amazingly that's what the volunteer and many of the spectators were also thinking.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Check out the Three Way Test in Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. The questions you can ask are much more open ended than that. Based on the questions asked, a lot of the method may be in Banacheck's Psychological Subtleties -- probably Volume 1.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results