Looking for a recommendation.

Feb 17, 2009
New Jersey
I have learned lots of 1 on 1 tricks and now im interested in purchasing either the Dan Madison video set or should i get Panic , Believe, and TnR. Just so u get an understanding of what im looking for i would like to describe myself a bit. I just learned and perfected several flourishes and cuts and i tend to pick up things easy and quickly. After obtaining the guardian deck i have this really bad habit i got where i like using only custom decks such as Ghost,Black tiger, Shadow Masters, and Guardian decks and got ride of my standard bikes so that is whats causing this situation were i would like someones opinion on which to purchase. What do you guys think. i would perfer sticking with my custom deck only because i bunch.. I would like to thank everyone for taking the time and reading this as well.:cool:

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Personally, I think you can do better than any of those things. BUT, if you insist on getting on of the above, I would buy d+M's Dangerous, because it's a collection of effects rather than a single trick DVD.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Getting rid of your normal decks is the worst thing you can do as a magician. Seriously, if people continually see you using a strange looking deck, they'll suspect some kind of trick deck. I really suggest you go buy some more normal decks.

As for which effect to buy, i suggest you look some place outside of T11. Try some tricks on Penguinmagic or Ellusionist that's more beginner friendly.

Feb 17, 2009
New Jersey
Would you also recommend Dan and Dave buck trilogy for somewhat beginner / intermediate skilled person at flourishes. For example other then several that i learned in youtube, my very first one i learned was static by joel paschall and i learned that in about 2 days. Im not very good in rating myself in flourishes do to so many i have yet to learn to get an understanding of my level of skill in that.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
No, I wouldn't. If you're beginning, get XB1 or The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes. Not to say you won't be able to learn the flourishes, it'll just take you up to 3-6 months longer, per flourish.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Well if you only use custom decks, don't get Panic, Believe and TnR, because two of them involve tearing up cards, which would get rather expensive quite quickly, and I believe the gimmick for the other only accommodates red backed rider cards. Personally I think everyone else is right, look further than Theory11.

Sep 1, 2007
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Typically, these threads turn into nothing but, "Buy more Theory 11 products, noob!!"

I'm going to put my hat in for Xtreme Beginnerz as well, and also put a vote in for Jeff McBride's Art of Card Manipulation. If you've been buying up 1-on-1's, you're at a severe disadvantage.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results