looking for ideas...

Sep 1, 2007
I'm looking for handling ideas for an effect I'm working on. I need to show 4 blank cards that change into 4 selected cards. The cards will have already been selected by the spectator and I want to show them as blank cards. I know I have seen effects where cards change, but I'm trying to find as many as I can so I can see which ones might work best. Can you post some routines that might incorporate something similar to this? Names of routines, video links, etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Soren

May 4, 2008
NYC
just control the cards to the top and perform chris kenners 4 for 4 change

I second that.
If not that, then take the 4 selections and the 4 blank cards and show the blank ones, then cop them away and make the spectator hold on to the other four cards (the 4 selections) and its all presentation from there. Hope that helped.

Sep 1, 2007
Here's the issue. All the cards are going to be laid out in a messy pile face down. They will select the cards themselves while the pile remains, so I won't be able to use 4x4 change. I may be able to cop them, but switching them back and forth may be an issue. I was thinking of using an Elmsley count and trying to use 1 blank card, but not sure how it will work out. I was thinking of using a bit similar the 3-card monte bit from Chris Kennar's 5-speed. Not sure how that will play out, but looking at as many options as possible. Thanks for the input.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
One could use some kind of loading move while showing the four tabled cards to be blank, steal away three of the blank cards in the process while switching them out for the selections, and use some kind of diminishing lift sequence to show all cards as blank before the transformation.
Of course, alternaitively, one could have the four tabled cards (blanks) 'face' up, control selections to top of deck and use Carney's Versa Switch to switch them out whilst apparently just flipping them face down. I'd probably go for this route.

CL

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
There's a sleight called Exchange in Arthur Buckley's Card Control which seems vaguely suited to what you're looking for. Palmed cards are switched for tabled cards, essentially.

Alternatively, you could use some form of a Breakless Curry Change to change them in the turnover motion.

I hope I understood the situation anyway :S

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
You could try having a look at the Double Palm Change, taught by Erdnase. Lovely move, show an amount of cards front and back, turn them over and they've been switched. That's probably what I'd use if the 4for4 wasn't an option. Alternatively you could try a palm and a lapping with a little misdirection, which would accomplish exactly the same effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results