Looking for rubber band magic books

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
I have been in a rubber band kick recently, and I was wondering if there were any good recommendations for books dealing with exclusively rubber band magic?

Suggestions would be great :) Thanks guys.

Jul 8, 2008
I haven't heard of many books relating SPECIFICALLY to rubber-bands. I would be interested as well. Michael Ammar has (had) a booklet on Crazy Man's Handcuffs. Ben Salinas also has a small manuscript on a rubberband trick. Other than those, you can always try Dan Harlan. He is one of the best with rubber-bands

Dec 14, 2007
Elastrix was written by Ed Mishell and Abe Hurwitz.For many years was the primary printed source on rubber band tricks. Copies are available from Dennymagic.com. Rindfliesch published elastrix vol 2.

There were some isolated band effects in print. Crazy Man's Handcuff's, however, deserves to have the name Arthur Setterington applied to it.

I believe both snapped and the rubber band penetration were both in Tarbell 7.

Kalush's Rubber Ringer was in Richard's Almanac I think, and then incorporated into a larger routine as part of Ammar's MAJ.

Earle Christenberry's ski slope trick was in an early genii.

Harris had a stand alone manuscript on a card/rubber band trick.

Kenner's linking was published not only as a stand alone manuscript, but also as part of Weber's Lifesavers and in the Trapdoor magazine.

Some REALLY great rubber band things in Trapdoor if I recall, including a nice bit from Hiro Sakai.

(all these were done off the top of my head, so please forgive me if I made an error.)

Dec 20, 2008
sugarland, tx
yea i also am interested in some rubber band magic since the majority of tricks i do are with cards. I want to add some rubberband magic to my routine as well.

Sep 17, 2008
Maryland
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am pretty close to Denny and Lee's Magic shop so I guess I can go and grab those books from there. They will probably have some good suggestions for me as well.

Yes! Rubber band crave is about to be fed.

Elastrix was written by Ed Mishell and Abe Hurwitz.For many years was the primary printed source on rubber band tricks. Copies are available from Dennymagic.com. Rindfliesch published elastrix vol 2.

There were some isolated band effects in print. Crazy Man's Handcuff's, however, deserves to have the name Arthur Setterington applied to it.

I believe both snapped and the rubber band penetration were both in Tarbell 7.

Kalush's Rubber Ringer was in Richard's Almanac I think, and then incorporated into a larger routine as part of Ammar's MAJ.

Earle Christenberry's ski slope trick was in an early genii.

Harris had a stand alone manuscript on a card/rubber band trick.

Kenner's linking was published not only as a stand alone manuscript, but also as part of Weber's Lifesavers and in the Trapdoor magazine.

Some REALLY great rubber band things in Trapdoor if I recall, including a nice bit from Hiro Sakai.

(all these were done off the top of my head, so please forgive me if I made an error.)

Yes your right Elastix 1 was by Ed Mishell I meant to post that more clearer than what I did.

Thanks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results