Looking for sources on this plot: Spectator selects the aces.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hi,

I was browsing around (as we all do) and I came across an "On-Demand" video over at Dan and Dave's website called "Effective Aces" where the spectator selects random cards from a spread and they all turn out to be the four aces. Where can I learn different handlings of this plot? Which are your favourites?

Cheers,
Shanku

Feb 1, 2009
Ray Kosby's "Impossible Card Magic" probably has the cleanest, most direct version of this effect, but it is very difficult. Its called "Freedom Of Choice".

Jan 8, 2009
there is an excellent plot in Aaron Fisher's book the Paper Engine that allows you to have pretty much multiple cards touched, and have them all be the aces.

Jan 12, 2009
There's Another version on dan and daves section of "on demand" called "effective aces." The preview actually is quite clean, and there is little sleight of hand involved, but still looks impossible.

Sep 1, 2007
Any good spectator cuts the aces effect can be presented this way - check out John Bannon and Bill Malone for variations on an excellent version of this. A great gaffed version is available from David Regal, called "deep guilt aces" - its gaffed but REALLY worth it.

You could also investigate the use of Dereck Dingle's "nolap switch" as a way to accomplish the effect, not to mention all the other possibilities offered by other card switches - the talazac switch and variations thereof, located in card college v.4 springs to mind.

Finally, and possibly the best solution of all, I would suggest looking into the gemini plot. The effect is not only self working, but can be done in the spectator's hands (at least that's what they'll remember and its mostly true) and feels ridiculously fair. John Guastaferro has a great version of this on Brainstorm v.2, and there's several versions in Allan Ackerman's "Las Vegas Kardma". I've built a whole routine around this concept - there's great potential in it. Not for nothing, Guastaferro closed his act with it to a standing ovation.

Cheers,
David.

Sep 1, 2007
I do the Bill Malone Spec cuts the aces as a walkaround piece - the spectators hold onto their packets rather than place them on the table. Its a great moment when they all turn their cards over - pretty much a closing effect!

The nolap switch etc. are also in the hands. Gemini not so much.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results