Looking for the name of a trick

Dec 10, 2012
I am a practicing magician, and I am just trying to find where I can get a card trick I recently saw another magician do.

It was 5 cards that he continued to show the audience and then would hold all the cards in his hand. He would then take away 4 cards and put them in a basket, so there would only be one left in his hand. He would hen fan the cards out to show that he still had five in his hand.

Now the trick was there was a little slit in the back of some of the cards that allowed him to really have more than 5 cards. I was curious if anyone knew where I could get the trick or at least what the name of the trick is.

Thanks!

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
I think the effect you're describing is Bill Abbott's take on Six Card Repeat "Five Card Opener". Bill uses a basket to store the cards he throws away so that's what I immediately thought of. Both Six Card Repeat and Five Card Opener are fantastic tricks but if you want to learn Five Card Opener, you can purchase it at Bill's website Billabbottmagic.com (or something like that)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results