Looking for this self working card trick

dbaltes

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hello all, I did a self-worker quite a while ago and since have moved on to other effects. But, recently someone asked me to repeat the following - and in my old age, I have not been able to recapture the effect. Hopefully, one of you may recognize it.

Here is the basic presentation: a group of cards is placed in four even piles (not sure how many in each any more). the spectator chooses one pile looks at the cards and remembers one. The performer notes the pile chosen (should not be obvious). The spectator then tells the order for the performer to pick up the stacks - the performer notes what order the chosen stack is placed in his hand. The full stack is then dealt into two piles, each pile is then dealt into two more piles making four piles. Again the spectator tells the performer the order to pick up the piles. I am sure the performer does something - not sure, and placing the cards behind his back moves a series of cards. Bringing the cards forward he places them in the spectators hand and cover the card with the other hand of the spectator. He asked the spectators chosen card and it appears either on the top or bottom of the held stack.

Much is missing - but, maybe someone has seen this self-working, mathematical wonder and can help me locate it.
Thank you.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
This sounds like "The 21 Card Trick". I can't reveal it here but a quick Google search will bring up this public domain classic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results