Loop effects

May 21, 2011
I just recently started using loops again and I was wondering what your favorite non card tricks are that use a loop.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
The beauty of loops is the freedom they give you. Get creative. Think about what you could do, then figure out how to do it. The possibilities are completely limitless.

But, if you INSIST on learning already-made tricks with Loops, then I suggest you check out the Guerilla Guides from Ellusionist.

May 21, 2011
yeah, i just wanted to hear some other effects to get inspiration for creating my own because im not the most creative person in the world. i have had guerilla guides for 2-3 years btw.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I use loops a lot.

The key words here "less is more"

If you animate something for too long they will put the puzzle together and the illusion will be lost. Kind of like ohhh... Peter Pan is flying .. Awesome... But know I see the wire.. Compared to letting the illusion set in their mind tha something actually moved and they have that brief moment were they have to convince themselves what they just saw..

It's late and I'm probably not making a lick of sense.

Have your spectators put somethin on the very edge of a table. Wave your hands around it, have them blow on the object, getting the fact out of the way that you can't just blow on the object too make it fall.

Then after your patter, get in the set up phase with your loop so you can get both hands in the loop and slowly move or make the object fall. Obviously make sure they see that your fingers never touched the object, Cover all your bases to make it seem impossible.

Get shudder be dee Christopher for a good idea about how you can use loops to make something move.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I made a giraffe disappear once using just one loop. Seriously though as pointed out by Aaron, the guerilla guide to loops is your best bet for inspiration.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results