Loops - Where to get them?

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
okay i am interested in getting loops

but where is the best place to get them
- i live in Australia
- can only pay via paypal

the only place i can find is penguin does anyone else know any where else?

you can either buy it on Ellusionist.com
or
you can also choose your loop on penquinmagic.com
Penquinmagic have all find of elastic loop on the site, feel free to check it out.

but my recommendation is to get the infinity spool from penpuinmagic.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
Penguin has the best prices for loops or thread in general that I've found. Here is the catch. If you order Yigal Mesika loops (which i would highly recomend because of the quality) you only get a package of 5 for around $8. You can also buy a spool of 100 ft of Yigal Mesika thread for around $25 and tie your own loops. The thread however is very very thin (as it should be) and therefore very hard to tie into a knot to make a loop.

I'd say get package of loops and if you like them alot order a spool of thread. If you have good eyes and steady hands that is.

Cheers!

Mar 10, 2008
Which Loops - E. or Yigal Mesika

So I want to branch off of this thread and ask a slightly different question....

I'm interested to hear everyones opinion of the 2 different types of Loops - Ellusionist and Yigal Mesika's version. Which is better and why.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Okey I have a question. How hard is it to tie a loop if you buy that alternative? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jonxodus

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Hey, i have been using loops a lot, and use it as one of my main acts. Obviously i started using Mesika's loops but found it very delicate and that it wears out pretty fast(in my case might be different for you). 10 bucks for a pack of five in my opinion is a lot of money. Therefore i learned to tie my own loops which is what i would advise to all people who love loops. I have tried Mesika's elastics, Infinity thread and Silkworm IET(Black) and in my opinion, Silkworm wins that battle. I found it to be most invisible in comparison with Mesika, last much longer and strong enough to do all the floating and moving. A spool only cost 15bucks and WILL last a long long time. Infinity thread is pretty good as well, very close fight with Silkworm, but overall, with much performance experience and most value for money id go with Silkworm IET and tie your own loops. Tying loops can be a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of it, its a breeze. In terms of DVDs, i enjoyed Mesika's Loop DVDs much more than Ellusionist. Better advice, better and stronger effects and the most important thing you get is the Inner Circle card which helps you carry loops everywhere. Id pay the same amount of money just for the Inner Circle card. E loops DVDs are ok, but not worth the price, they couldve made it into one DVD.

D

Deleted member 2755

okay guys thanks for your replies i think il get some silkworm thanks jonxodus

I never tried silkworm IET so I can't say much, but I perform with Infinity Thread all the time. It's amazing. Buy it at Penguin Magic for 60 bucks with free shipping. As for the person above, do you strip your thread to the thinnest of 2nd to thinnest length? Well anyway, good luck. I've never bought a pack of loops in my life because they are a rip off and you have to be extremely careful. If you buy a spool of IET (especially one that is 6 miles like Infinity Thread,) you'll not have to worry so much about breaking your loop.

-Doug

Apr 7, 2008
Okey I have a question. How hard is it to tie a loop if you buy that alternative? :)

Tying a Loop is very easy depending on how you do it. Now, you can't tie them like you would with a shoelace, but Pwnguinmagic sells a download called The Million Dollar Knot. I use it all the time, and within five minutes I would have tied around 20 to 30 Loops. They work juat as good as the packged Loops.

Apr 7, 2008
Hey, i have been using loops a lot, and use it as one of my main acts. Obviously i started using Mesika's loops but found it very delicate and that it wears out pretty fast(in my case might be different for you). 10 bucks for a pack of five in my opinion is a lot of money. Therefore i learned to tie my own loops which is what i would advise to all people who love loops. I have tried Mesika's elastics, Infinity thread and Silkworm IET(Black) and in my opinion, Silkworm wins that battle. I found it to be most invisible in comparison with Mesika, last much longer and strong enough to do all the floating and moving. A spool only cost 15bucks and WILL last a long long time. Infinity thread is pretty good as well, very close fight with Silkworm, but overall, with much performance experience and most value for money id go with Silkworm IET and tie your own loops. Tying loops can be a bit tricky, but once you get the hang of it, its a breeze. In terms of DVDs, i enjoyed Mesika's Loop DVDs much more than Ellusionist. Better advice, better and stronger effects and the most important thing you get is the Inner Circle card which helps you carry loops everywhere. Id pay the same amount of money just for the Inner Circle card. E loops DVDs are ok, but not worth the price, they couldve made it into one DVD.

I just ordered the Mesika and Finn John dvd set. I had a hard time decding between that or the Guerilla guide. What would you say is better in terms of dvds?

jonxodus

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Hey, if better in terms of editing and production. Obviously E wins hands down. In terms of content, effects and originality, you cant go wrong with the masters of the loop Finn Jon and Mesika. Both are awesome DVDs and you will enjoy Mesika's performance as well as the unique nature of Finn's usage of loops. Unique indeed. You wont regret it, and you WILL enjoy the InnerCircle card that will be supplied for you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results