Loops?

Sep 1, 2007
UK
What is your main worry??

If it's breakage: Before using make sure you stretch them out a bit so that they get worked in a little.
Remember that your audience does not know what you are gonna do so if they do break just do something different :D

If it's the visibility: They cover this on the dvd's... just remember about lighting etc and you'll be fine.
Take advantage of your shadow also :D

Remember you know they are there... your specs do not and will ave no reason to think any different.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I use loops fairly often, honestly I use them mostly for a floating rubber band effect. It works like a charm, because people can touch the rubber band before the effect and can grab it out of the air. Loops are mostly about your presentation. If you work with them correctly you will not have any problems. Stretch them out, load them to your wrist in a moment of misdirection and use them sparingly (as in, don't do every single trick you do with loops, just one or two).

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Yep, listen here. I adore loops. I use them so much that sometimes I forget that I even have them on.

Anyway,
Just make sure that you are following all of Kranzo's, Garcia's, and Miller's advice. They will NOT lead you in the wrong direction. I can honestly say that the 3 DVD Loops set was THE best investment in magic that I've made in a while.

You'll be alright! Just have fun and take your time!

Shane K.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
Loops are fantastic, I use them every day... especially the floating rubber band. It blows people away cause they can grab it right out of the air.

My only suggestion would be learn to tie your own. You can but a ton of thread and do it yourself for way cheaper than you can buy a set of 5.

Sep 24, 2007
malaysia
loops by yigal mesika

its a good loop to use when play with thread.smooth and clean restoration.anyone can tell me,how to make diy loops?

Sep 24, 2007
malaysia
loops by yigal mesika

its a good loops to use while playing with thread.smooth and clean restoration.anybody could tell me how to make a diy loop?

Sep 1, 2007
Million Dollar knot is an easy way to tie your own loops....I used to despise tying them and was always frustrated but with this system its a lot easier.

-Jonny V

Sep 2, 2007
There's a method on another Nathan Kranzo video for tying loops. The method on that video isn't actually for IET, but if you just add magician's wax to the ends of your thread, I've found his method is the most reliable. I'm not going to say what video because I think it would be exposure to do so. You can probably figure it out.

On a side note, I've found the Million Dollar Knot from Penguin to be particularly unreliable in loop-tying. The method I just mentioned is better. Also, some magicians use a daub of super-glue instead of a knot. I've heard this is a little more visible, though, so I can't recommend it personally.

Tying loops is a huge pain when you first get started, but once you get a method down it's not that big a deal, unless you're under the influence of something that affects your coordination.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
Use a deck of cards. Get a piece about 8 inches long, put wax on each end. Wrap it around the deck and tie one end off into a knot, wrap the other end around the knotted piece and tie another knot. The two knots work against each other and won't allow for the knots to pass through each other. Trim off the excess and you have a loop.

Aug 31, 2007
you spend 74 hours tieing the thing, then u have to worry about lighting, then u have to worry about it breaking, then in all your panic, you drop it and its gone forever.. .idk its just not my cup of tea.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results