Lucid Dreams & Abyss 2

Sep 1, 2007
LUCID DREAMS
------------

DREAM1: THE GIMMICK
-------------------

This section tells how the gimmick is made, and how to operate it. It is very easy to make, if you have the right tool. I don't have the tool, so I can't make it, but it does have a lot of great applications.

DREAM1: PERFORMANCE
-------------------

This teaches you the method of popping the coin through the bottom of the bottle. This is very complete, and is very practical. The bottle can be borrowed, and everything is extremely fair.

DREAM1: BIG COIN
----------------

This is the same thing, but it uses a coin that cannot fit out the neck of the bottle. This does use another gimmick that most people should have.

DREAM1: SIGNED COIN
-------------------

This is Lucid Dreams 1 using a signed coin. It really is their signed coin that ends up in the bottle. Very complete, well thought out method.

DREAM1: OVERKILL
----------------

This is a big signed coin in a borrowed bottle. Very bold, but it works.

DREAM1: SLIDER PENETRATION
--------------------------

This is where the coin is slid down the side of the bottle, and penetrates the bottle while still sliding down. Very cool.

DREAM2: DREAMING IN SLOW-MOTION
-------------------------------

This is the effect where the coin penetrates through the side of the bottle, and plops inside the water. This is a bit challenging, but looks amazing. The gimmick is very simple, cheap, and most people already have it. Extemely creative.

DREAM2: OPEN HANDLING
---------------------

This is the same thing, but done a little more openly. This is a little harder, but looks very visual.

DREAM2: BIG COINS
-----------------

This teaches how to get biger coins into the bottle.You can get some pretty big ones in there with one of the methods.

DREAM2: CAP PENETRATION
-----------------------

This is the method where a coin is pushed through the cap, and lands in the factory sealed bottle. There are a couple methods taught of factory sealing the bottle, and they are good. You can also do this with a big coin.

BONUS: RING IN BOTTLE
---------------------

This is just like Lucid Dreams 1, but uses a ring, and another gimmick. Some people may not have what is needed to make this gimmick. The gimmick is very, very creative.

BONUS: KEY IN BOTTLE
--------------------

This is where you very visibly vanish a borrowed key, and it appears inside a genuinly factory sealed bottle. The kay can be signed.

BONUS: CARD IN BOTTLE
---------------------

This is an awesome card in bottle. It is seriously a good one. The signed card visibly appears inside a bottle, and it is not folded up or any, and no bends or creases either. It looks very impossible. The spectator basically does the effect themselves.

This PDF is very well put together. There are a few spelling errors, but it is understandable. There are multiple pictures on pretty much every page, which helps a lot. Everything in here is very complete, well thought out, and creative. He obviously spent a lot of time on this, and it is very audience tested. One suggestion would be to have private forums on the website, so people can dicuss their own ideas.
10/10

ABYSS: THE REVOLUTIIONARY COIN IN BOTTLE
----------------------------------------
Here, you are supplied with 3 different gimmicks, one of which will need refills.

GETTING THE COIN INSIDE THE BOTTLE
----------------------------------

There are 2 different methods taught of getting a larger coin inside the bottle. One of this is the same as the original Abyss. The new one, is very fast, and everyone will have what is needed.

SEALING THE BOTTLE
------------------

There are 2 methods taught for this. They both use a gimmick, and they are both supplied. Not everyone will be able to use these methods. The second method really doesn't seem like it would work very well.

SLEIGHTS
--------

A few basic coins sleights and vanishes are taught here, most people already know them.

UNDER THE SEE
-------------

This is the effect where the coin is places under the bottle, and immediatly pop through. This is a beautifal penetration, and id pretty clean. No gimmicks are involved here.

MOVE FOR MOVE
-------------

This is similar to Under the See, except you end clean.

SLIPSTREAM
----------

This looks just like the original Abyss, but is a lot cleaner.

P.V.1
-----

This is like Slipstream, except you end completely clean.

P.V.1
-----

This is similar to P.V.1, but the coin penetrates the bottom off the bottle as it's turning upside-down.

WATERDROP
---------
This is where the bottle is held upside-down, and the coin is placed on top, then is pushed through the base of the bottle. The method is pretty clever, but doesn't work with most bottles. No gimmicks are used here.

SIGNED COIN IN SEALED BOTTLE
----------------------------

This is making a signed coin end up in a genuinly factory sealed bottle. They can take the bottle home with their real signed coin inside. this does use a gimmick, which won't work with most bottles.

Everything here has photos, and is pretty easy to understand. There are some other thing in there that I didn't talk about, because of exposure. $12 isn't a lot, and I think you should go for it. The effects might work for some people, and some might not.

7/10

LAST WORDS
----------
All in all, I think Lucid Dreams definantly wins this. There is more to offer in there, and seems more thought out. Buy Lucid Dreams, and you won't regret it. There is so much more you can do with the effects in there. Thanks you for reading.

Sep 1, 2007
The bottle is 100% factory sealed. The factory sealed version won't work with the companies you named.

Sep 14, 2007
The bottle is 100% factory sealed. The factory sealed version won't work with the companies you named.

Will it work with Poland Spring? If not...then which bottles?

Also, if it is really factory sealed 100%. Are there any holes/slits? And is the Coin ACTUALLY in the bottle?

This trick sounds cool.

Oh yah, wada yah mean by "sealing the bottle"? (in your first post)

Sep 24, 2007
factory sealed is a term thats used rather loosely nowadays.

I define it as :the cap has never ever come off since it was first put on in the factory.

Others use it to decribe the situation where the cap has been taken off but put back on without the seal being broken giving the appearance of being factory sealed.

Sep 1, 2007
No holes, slits, or cuts. Their signed coins is truly in the bottle, and they can keep the bottle and find nothing wrong with it. If you get Lucid Dreams, you will learn how to get it to work with ANY bottle.

Sep 1, 2007
My patience has worn out for Ellusionist's CIB, so I might get Lucid Dreams:D. It sounds good. My questions for Lucid Dreams:
1.Are there any slits, cut, holes, fake sealing, fake glass on top, etc.
2.Are the gimmicks expensive?
3.How are the angles/are the gimmicks undetectable ?
4.Plastic bottles and glass bottles both can be used for this effect?
5.Is the gimmick small or big?
6.Can all of the brands of glass/plastic bottles be used?
7.Which CIB effect has less cons?
8.Can the bottle be examined before the effect and after the coin has penetrated through the bottle?
-BBB

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
My patience has worn out for Ellusionist's CIB, so I might get Lucid Dreams:D. It sounds good. My questions for Lucid Dreams:
8.Can the bottle be examined before the effect and after the coin has penetrated through the bottle?
-BBB

I have most of the same ones, but I would really like to know the answer to number 4 for both effects.

Sep 1, 2007
1. No.
2. No.
3. The angles are great, but not surrounded. Why would you want to have someone watching from behind? The gimmicks are undetectable.
4. It is made for plastic bottles.
5. The gimmicks are teeny weenie.
6. I havent seen a plastic bottle that wouldn't work.
7. I think the first one does.
8. Not for the second one, but it kan be examined afterwards.

Sep 24, 2007
for lucid dreams 1 and 2:

no

no

lucid 1 can be done almost 360 , Lucid 2 about the same as a torn and restored card effect

I have used both glass and plastic in lucid one.*depends the kind thats available, lucid 2 plastic

Tiny

lucid1: softdrinks work best , lucid 2 :any plastic bottle

Lucid 1: is a test conditions CIB meant for a worker.
Lucid2: not examinable before, coin can't be signed.

Lucid1 :yes
Lucid2: only after but its shown empty before hand.(bottle is even shaken)

Sep 28, 2007
These don't fit my style.

I think i will save my money for E's CTBS.

I hear street magicians like Justin Miller and Wayne Houchin are on those DVDs.
I rather have highly well tested close up effects that include lessons in magic and that have been proven effective for years than all these "just came out" versions.

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
factory sealed is a term thats used rather loosely nowadays.

I define it as :the cap has never ever come off since it was first put on in the factory.

Others use it to decribe the situation where the cap has been taken off but put back on without the seal being broken giving the appearance of being factory sealed.

Factory sealed is factory sealed. I don't see abyss using the term lightly...or even at all in their ad copy. YOU are using the term incorrectly. Why don't you just say yours is sealed or even better re sealed. Stop using other creators ideas. At least abyss is professional about it and not using terms "lightly."

Sep 28, 2007
Factory Sealed is a trademark effect.

This is not Factory Sealed.

I don't see abyss using the term lightly...or even at all in their ad copy. Y

That's true, companies like enchmt & prec magic say "sealed bottle" in their ads. You should be accurate as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 24, 2007
guys, in my ad I say APPEARS factory sealed. The seal is never broken, the cap is tight on the bottle.

Sep 14, 2007
Sorry to double post, but nobody answered my Q :

Will it work with Poland Spring? If not...then which bottles?

Also, if it is really factory sealed 100%. Are there any holes/slits? And is the Coin ACTUALLY in the bottle?

This trick sounds cool.

Oh yah, wada yah mean by "sealing the bottle"? (in your first post)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results