Luke Jermay

No it's not meant for street magic. It's excellent for stage and close-up though.

If you have the balls to do this on the street, go ahead, but it's going to be really hard and you have to be very skilled.

Keep in mind pretty much all of looks stuff revolves around suggestion, so it's important you have a certain type of spectator in a controlled enviroment.

Very great material though. Start off with Building blocks, then move on to skullduggery or 7 Deceptions(same thing except Skullduggery is a Dvd)

Sep 2, 2007
Building blocks is the place to start there kiddo.
You're not ready for street mentalism....*shudders at the thought of street magic*...espicacally Jermay style.

Coral Fang was one of the best books i've ever read. There are those who will find it impractical, and like he says, it will be 99% of you. BUt then if you take a closer look, you're going to start coming up with genius ideas on your own

Sep 2, 2007
it's like comparing barbarians to greeks or romans. There is no competition. One thinks that they're the best, the other knows it.

Bleh, I think people are gonna yell at me now.

But serirously. Closeup is like 20-30 people who WANT you to be there, or pay you.

Thanks guys. What's the difference between street and closeup?

Street magic is obviously just magic on the streets. Thhere is David Blaine style which could really annoy people. But the right way to do it is to build a crowd and do a street show. Check out Gazzo.

Close-up is inside in a room with about 20-30 people like savior3525 said. Your sitting at a table and people are surrounding you.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
I don't think of closeup as a required amount of people. I've done a lot of closeup work at a party with about 5-10 people in attendance. Closeup is more Parlorish... you can get away with a lot more stuff due to the almost stagelike nature.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results