Luke Jermey's Dribble Pass Instant Download

Hi there.

I bought the Dribble Pass some days ago, and I was actually hesitant, because of many reviews on the product page which mention that the teaching is not detailed. I took the chances and bought it. Here it is:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1632

- The Pass taught:

I know quite a lot of passes, and this pass ( a version of the classic dribble pass ) uses a new move to transpose the packets. Now, any experienced user of the pass knows that any small detail can make a difference between a good pass and a great one. And this is the case here.

The mechanic Luke uses is difficult at first, because you're not used to do it. Some of you might know the version of the Herrmann pass where you pull down with the fingers, instead lf clipping the bottom packet with the 1st and 2nd finger. Although its a small detail, it will take loads of practice, this is excatly the same thing here. The grip used adds to the pass, but will take practice to do smoothly without cards falling. However, you'll be glad at the result. Its a classic pass version, and you can add the covers you already know ( jiggle, riffle and dribble ).

Luke also demonstrate his riffle pass, which uses the excat concept except that you riffle the back end instead of dribble. Its excellent. Also, he does the pass false cut, and believe me when I say this, Luke does it better than Richard Kaufman in his pass video, and better than Krenzel himself ( Krenzel does it in a fast and sloppy manner, Luke does it slowly, and thanks to the mechanic he's useing, makes it like a trick photography when he demonstrate it ).

So, if you do the pass a lot and consider it as a major move in your card magic, then get this. 10 bucks, you cant be wrong.

One more thing. I always love seeing sleights done well. This is what I enjoyed the most in the Krenzel video on the pass, and Ortiz's videos on his books. This is the case here, Luke doesn't do any kind of dipping action ( "The Rock" ), and the pass is extremly good ( the dribble is perfect, the riffle, you can see a flash the bottom packet going down, but I see it too in Kaufman's pass )

- Teaching:
I have no idea why its said that Jermey doesn't go into detail ( reviews on the product page ). If you never heard of the Pass before, or you have a mild experience practicing the pass ( 2 weeks or so ), don't get this ( both and results of learning the pass from bad sources, I had the chance to watch E's Ninja 1 and its a bad source that only sctraches the surface, also, no youtube video teaches it properly )
However, if you do know how the pass works, understand its points, and practice it for long time ( even couple of months is fine, as long you understand the pass and its variations ), and have some knowledge on the principles that improve it ( Krenzel's tent break .. etc, all that comes from learning it from proper sources ) you'll pick it up easily.

Jermay goes into slight detail on the move, because there isn't much detail to be covered frankly. And he does the pass 5 or 6 times in a row, and because its an instant download,you will easily "rewind" and see it. For me, I'm used to this, so no complaints on my side.

Cavorting Aces is NOT taught, but its there in the Stars of Magic book, which is the best book released ever in my opinion, and there is a version in Kaufman's On The Pass video. However, you can figure it out easily ( since the ad. does say it teaches it, you'd expect to learn it ) I posted the method in the private forum, so be sure to check the forum out.

So, all in all:

This video is for you if:
- You do the pass alot.
- You have a decent knowledge on this move ( variations, principles added like break, triangle of death .. etc, though not much needed, but an understanding of the pass is essential )
- You have an extra lunch to spend on magic.

Don't buy this if:
- You have no idea what the pass is.
- You're not experienced in the pass's already published ideas ( i.e learned the pass from E's Ninja 1 or Youtube )
- You don't know that a small difference in pass mechanic, can make a VERY big difference.

All in all, I'm glad I got this download, and glad even more than youtube kids won't do the good stuff in it, because they don't know what studying magic is.

Highly recommended. I'll post a thread soon reviewing the places I learned the pass from briefly, so you know the advantage of each resource.

Sep 1, 2007
However, you can figure it out easily ( since the ad. does say it teaches it, you'd expect to learn it ) I posted the method in the private forum, so be sure to check the forum out.

Where do you mean by the private forum?
Thanks
Andrew

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results