MacMillan Switch Question

May 3, 2008
This looks like a great, practical move but I have one question about it. Does it have to be switching one card for one card or could it be switching multiple cards for multiple cards. In cheating terms, you're dealt a bad hand and when you turn it over to show you perform the switch. Is that possible with this move? If so, about how cards can you switch at once.

Ola

Jul 10, 2009
Lillestrøm, Oslo, Norway
I'm trying as we speak, and I'm gonna have to go with no.
It's ridiculously hard to change a random hand to the Royal Straight Flush you want to show off with;)
I'd say anything above three cards is impossible, at least to get consistently enough to show anybody.

Nov 29, 2008
IF you want to change an entire hand, a basic multiple muck is probably your best choice. Doing it with the macmillan switch would be basically impossible, this move was designed to be a one card switch

Dec 18, 2009
So what are some actual uses for this move in cheating?

In black jack it can be used as a single card turn over switch, also known as a muck. In texas hold 'em you are dealt two face down cards. If you can use it with two cards you can exchange them in the action of turning them over. This move is useless unless you can palm exceptionally well or are using duplicate cards. Here is a video of dan and dave performing it. I believe they perform it about half-way through the vid. They show it in slow motion so you can get a good look at the mechanics of the switch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJJqqwN5mCE
I hope this has helped you.

May 3, 2008
In black jack it can be used as a single card turn over switch, also known as a muck. In texas hold 'em you are dealt two face down cards. If you can use it with two cards you can exchange them in the action of turning them over. This move is useless unless you can palm exceptionally well or are using duplicate cards. Here is a video of dan and dave performing it. I believe they perform it about half-way through the vid. They show it in slow motion so you can get a good look at the mechanics of the switch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJJqqwN5mCE
I hope this has helped you.

Well in blackjack aren't the cards face up at all times? When would you be given the opportunity to turn cards over and perform the switch.

Dec 18, 2009
Well the dealer is dealt a face up and face down card I believe. So I think you could switch it out. Also I think some games are played face down and others face up. Either way you'll find a use for this move wether it be magic or gambling.

Dec 18, 2009
showing your hole card in 5 card stud.
i've experimented and it can be used as a 2 for 2 switch, but the much is far better for multiple switches.

if you mean muck then yes. However the macmillan is unique because it happens in the action of turning over your card. Almost every muck takes place in the action of peeking your cards.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Which is why it is atleast in my opinion inferior to mucking as the moment the switch takes place all the focus is on the card. It is much better to do a slow deliberate muck when everyone is focusing on their own cards.

Nov 29, 2008
Which is why it is atleast in my opinion inferior to mucking as the moment the switch takes place all the focus is on the card. It is much better to do a slow deliberate muck when everyone is focusing on their own cards.

Not always. You would only muck in the winning hand if you knew your opponent was going to bet big on his hand so that you could get the must money. SO you would wait for him to call or raise the final time to muck in your cards. If you do it before that and he folds, you will have to throw in the good cards you worked hard to steal out and muck in, and not get much money for them. But you could still use the misdirection of everyone focusing on him when he is putting his chips into to call/raise once he has decided to do the muck as the cards are revealed. There are other mucks that happen as the cards are turned face up. There is one or two in Steve Forte's GPS, and also one was shown by R. Paul Wilson in the Real Hustle Show, which was a standard muck adapted to turn the two cards face up in the same motion. Although I don't know where this muck could be learned.

Dec 18, 2009
Not always. You would only muck in the winning hand if you knew your opponent was going to bet big on his hand so that you could get the must money. SO you would wait for him to call or raise the final time to muck in your cards. If you do it before that and he folds, you will have to throw in the good cards you worked hard to steal out and muck in, and not get much money for them. But you could still use the misdirection of everyone focusing on him when he is putting his chips into to call/raise once he has decided to do the muck as the cards are revealed. There are other mucks that happen as the cards are turned face up. There is one or two in Steve Forte's GPS, and also one was shown by R. Paul Wilson in the Real Hustle Show, which was a standard muck adapted to turn the two cards face up in the same motion. Although I don't know where this muck could be learned.

This is very true. You can choose whether you want to muck or not. In a peeking muck you can't peek right before you turn your cards...That would look ridiculous.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results