Magic... and Video Games?!

Sep 10, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I'm a gamer and love all systems large and small. I also subscribe to dozens of gaming newsletters and receive ads for new video games and special offers. Just as I checked my email a couple of minutes ago, I receive a game add for 'Master of Illusion' from Nintendo. It's for the DS and from what I can tell by first reading the ad, It teaches you magic tricks. Here's a link to it's homepage:

http://www.masterofillusion.net/

I thought this would be a good thing to talk about. Will this effect the magic world in anyway? Will it bring back the popularity of magic back into everyones lives? Or will it reveal tricks (though they may be simple) and destroy the hopes and dreams of young, beginning magicians?

Check it out. Think about it. I'm sure everyone have all sorts of thoughts about this.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
There was a thread about this a little bit ago. I don't remember what the general consensus was though.
Teh game looks interesting, I might check it out if I ever get a DS.

I actually own this game and it does not reveal any secrets of real magic tricks. Tenyo actually has a hand in making it and it is pretty well made very kid like, but hey I still like it.
The game has 3 sections one is solo magic in which the game does tricks for you but doesnt tell you how they are done.. most of these seem mathematical but still cool. The second section is Performance magic where you learn the secret of the trick and perform it for other people. These tricks are actually pretty neat and have some good secrets behind them( I think anyway) Kiddy but still cool. The third section has a bunch of mini games for training your "magician skills" the games are mostly card games but they also have a interesting one called mirror writing which is cool.

Anyway you might see me post a video on here soon where I end it using this D.S game

If you have anyother questions about it just P.M me.

Jan 10, 2013
Video games are one of the best way for time pass and specially for children. There are many video games available in market and they all are very good and interesting. There are some categories as well.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results