Magic as a Human

Sep 3, 2007
I like cards, play around with cards Until: someone tells me not to play with them. I drop them, all over the place. Who doesn't? Dan and Dave, Cyril, David Blain, YOU? So I must be clumsy right? No, I'm just human.

Everyone has to do everything Perfect! If they don't, I'll be there. Practice the coin palm! If you don't we'll be there to tell you how clumsy and lame that stupid coin thing is.

Just STOP. Before, you sillies jump on my jock. I'm trying to bring up a real point. Magic as a Human. What does that mean to you besides reality shows?

It's not even a joke, so all you guys that LOL can choke on bad taste. (Unless it's little old lady).

I can see it now: Gosh that guy is mean!

No way. I'm the nicest guy you'd ever meet. NOT. Go coward in a corner and let me know when you make some money off magic. Cause that's what everyone is about now right? Making money off of magic? Plus, I am the nicest guy in the magic town. The hardest thing I do is not magic it is being human. Until some guy did a double lift (ACR) in front of me.

Back then it wasn't about what cards changed. It was about how someone else made them change. Get out of the rut of waiting for new magic. That is how we should operate. For ourselves, as Humans...

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
What...?
I did not get anything out of that post. what were you trying to say?

Stop being like a robot. Start embracing the qualities of humanity. It's sad that I make it clear after one post. Much of learning magic is learning how to NOT mess around with people. "Human"...

If worst comes to worst. Read it again.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I like cards, play around with cards Until: someone tells me not to play with them. I drop them, all over the place. Who doesn't? Dan and Dave, Cyril, David Blain, YOU? So I must be clumsy right? No, I'm just human.

Everyone has to do everything Perfect! If they don't, I'll be there. Practice the coin palm! If you don't we'll be there to tell you how clumsy and lame that stupid coin thing is.

Just STOP. Before, you sillies jump on my jock. I'm trying to bring up a real point. Magic as a Human. What does that mean to you besides reality shows?

It's not even a joke, so all you guys that LOL can choke on bad taste. (Unless it's little old lady).

I can see it now: Gosh that guy is mean!

No way. I'm the nicest guy you'd ever meet. NOT. Go coward in a corner and let me know when you make some money off magic. Cause that's what everyone is about now right? Making money off of magic? Plus, I am the nicest guy in the magic town. The hardest thing I do is not magic it is being human. Until some guy did a double lift (ACR) in front of me.

Back then it wasn't about what cards changed. It was about how someone else made them change. Get out of the rut of waiting for new magic. That is how we should operate. For ourselves, as Humans...

Peace.

I really still have no idea what you are trying to say. How bout not meandering and just say your point straightforward...

firstly, you say something along the lines of "no ones perfect..." then you lost me for the rest of the way.
What does being robot have to do with making money, being nice, and ACR...

Your post is really confusing...

Sep 3, 2007
I really still have no idea what you are trying to say. How bout not meandering and just say your point straightforward...

firstly, you say something along the lines of "no ones perfect..." then you lost me for the rest of the way.

It could seem confusing. The whole idea is about just being a human being. Much of that is forgotten while worrying about what some post (Doesn't) mean. And in your case. You will be confused for awhile. Until you understand the OP. Long story short, "READ it again." And try to stop quoting my OP each time you respond bro.

Sep 3, 2007

Crap, if I were to respond to your post I'd say that all you were trying to do is make my post seem bad. While it isn't. Welcome to the 21st century. (Your post is bad and mine isn't). I got to go ask someone what to do next! It is called a job. Go find one already!!! if you are skilled for magic of course. Sorry, all of my writing isn't like the stuff you'd read in books out of the 1800's. Oh lord, this guy pulled my skirt up! He must be hanged. Frankly, don't wear a skirt Bro.

If none of you understand metaphor anymore we are all in trouble as magicians.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I still really have no idea what you are trying to say...
honestly youre attempt at sounding sophisticated is just quite pathetic really...
"(your post is bad and mine isn't" i love that. you sound mature... bro..? was it?
so what you are trying to say is "be human". Perhaps elaborate. What isnt human? what is? what are you trying to let us gain from "being human"

Nov 11, 2009
Okay Sir FansAlot all I have to say is that your post doesn't make any sense. All the stupid immature insults in the world will not change that FACT. So get OVER yourself and don't post ANYTHING unless you have something to say.DON'T attack people to make yourself feel superior.

Thanks,
Josh

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I have noticed in the past week or so which Sir FansAlot has been posting alot, that he is very very arrogant... no offense but seriously.
You act as if you know every trick there is.
You act as if you invented every single sleight and trick before everyone else.
You act as if nothing fools you (take in the case of Mystery Mark).
You right long confusing meandering posts as attempts of sophistication.
You post abstract comments about your experience with a product and how you will PM confused forum members about tips, which you dont do.
You talk down on people who are just asking upon your posts.

Sep 3, 2007
If there is so much as a reed sticking out that sways water.

The original post is about how to be Human while doing magic. Not a guy that cuts the reed.

Sep 3, 2007
I have noticed in the past week or so which Sir FansAlot has been posting alot, that he is very very arrogant... no offense but seriously.
You act as if you know every trick there is.
You act as if you invented every single sleight and trick before everyone else.
You act as if nothing fools you (take in the case of Mystery Mark).
You right long confusing meandering posts as attempts of sophistication.
You post abstract comments about your experience with a product and how you will PM confused forum members about tips, which you dont do.
You talk down on people who are just asking upon your posts.

Dude, the post isn't about that. Read it again.

Sep 3, 2007
Were not talking about the post
Were talking about your childish behavior

That is how I've seen most posts turn. Take what someone says and throw it out of proportion. I wasn't being childish. I actually had a point. It got badgered by mothers talking about the point I didn't have... That I did have. Which was::: "How are you human with your magic?"

NOT, "how is he not."

Peace.

Crap, if I were to respond to your post I'd say that all you were trying to do is make my post seem bad. While it isn't. Welcome to the 21st century. (Your post is bad and mine isn't). I got to go ask someone what to do next! It is called a job. Go find one already!!! if you are skilled for magic of course. Sorry, all of my writing isn't like the stuff you'd read in books out of the 1800's. Oh lord, this guy pulled my skirt up! He must be hanged. Frankly, don't wear a skirt Bro.

If none of you understand metaphor anymore we are all in trouble as magicians.

Well I don't get it either, are you saying that it's okay to make mistakes? And I don't get the metaphor.

Nov 11, 2009
Okay your topic is good but your way of posting it needs alot of work

I am human with my magic in this way:
I try to be natural (as if they are talking to a friend)
and I try to give it more meaning than just "look what I can do!"

Sep 3, 2007
Okay your topic is good but your way of posting it needs alot of work

I am human with my magic in this way:
I try to be natural (as if they are talking to a friend)
and I try to give it more meaning than just "look what I can do!"

Yes, I will concede. My way of posting does need a lot of work. But that is not important. What is important:

I'm just a guy with cards/coins etc.

Thoughts?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
So "How are we human in the way we perform magic?"
see how much easier it is to just say that rather than just... making abstract metaphors and attempt to write paragraphs when all you needed was a few sentences?

As for the main topic of the post...
I am human in how I perform magic as I connect with my audience. I talk to them, evoke emotions, evoke thoughts, create memories. I explore human ingenuity in a way that fits who I am.
does that answer your post?

Sep 3, 2007
I am human in how I perform magic as I connect with my audience. I talk to them, evoke emotions, evoke thoughts, create memories. I explore human ingenuity in a way that fits who I am.
does that answer your post?

Sorry that I was around the bush. Your answer is basically what anyone on a magic forum would say.

I talk to them. They talk to me. I like them. They like me. I show them cards. They show me cards. I explore cards and so do they. How about people that do not understand cards? How are you human with cards to them?

Edited: Let me guess, you showed them something they didn't understand. The point is not just being human but realizing everyone else is. And most of them are not magicians. So what.

You do a billion card sleights and flourishes and think they care?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Sorry that I was around the bush. Your answer is basically what anyone on a magic forum would say.

I talk to them. They talk to me. I like them. They like me. I show them cards. They show me cards. I explore cards and so do they. How about people that do not understand cards? How are you human with cards to them?

Edited: Let me guess, you showed them something they didn't understand. The point is not just being human but realizing everyone else is. And most of them are not magicians. So what.

You do a billion card sleights and flourishes and think they care?

Exactly...
leading me back to my first post...
what was the point of this?
Who doesnt understand cards? What about other forms of magic? Mentalism... big connection there. Money.... Big connection there...
We perform magic for the audience. Not for us. So i think it is safe to say that majority of magicians do take their audience into account... about what they understand, feel, and think. Flourishers arent the only magicians out there you know.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results