Magic Cafe Registration

Jul 8, 2009
Does anyone know why Magic Cafe is not allowing individuals to register at this time? This seems odd to me---isn't the idea of a forum to have as many different view points and thoughts as possible?

Jul 13, 2009
I think the logic behind the email blocking system is to block out trolls and deture multiple accounts. Do you have a pay email adress like roadrunner etc.?

Jan 13, 2008
I think the logic behind the email blocking system is to block out trolls and deture multiple accounts. Do you have a pay email adress like roadrunner etc.?
I think he's referring to the lack of a registration button altogether now.

Side note: deture = deter; adress = address. ;)

Jul 13, 2009
Hmm maybe they just don’t want anyone else to come on, or they are doing some summer cleaning of inactive accounts.

Side note: Thanks for your corrections.

Jul 8, 2009
If you go to FAQ--the first question talks about registration and invites you to register by clicking on a link. When you do so, a message states that registration is closed currently and to try back another time. I could not tell if it was for a short time (i.e. 24 hours) or they just did not want more registered members for the time being.

Reactions: alejandroruizrd
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
You have to have a paid E-Mail address- free ones such as hotmail.com, rocketmail.com, gmail.com, etc., will not work anymore for the Magic Cafe. They were having some problems with heavy spammers, bots, and trollers, if I remember correctly.

Jan 13, 2008
You have to have a paid E-Mail address- free ones such as hotmail.com, rocketmail.com, gmail.com, etc., will not work anymore for the Magic Cafe.
Refer to the above posts; that wasn't the issue.

They were having some problems with heavy spammers, bots, and trollers, if I remember correctly.
That sounds like a likely cause; if their email requirements weren't effective, then it's possible they just disabled all registrations until they can figure out what to do about the issue.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results