Magic Community - Charity and My Future

Hey guys,

As some of you might know from my website, in addition to being a magic addict I am also an aspiring filmmaker. I have a small scholarship to a local film school that I hope to attend in about a year and a half and, currently, I post all of my work (which, admittedly, is very little) on YouTube and my website.

Recently I entered a local contest wherein teenagers were asked to create 25 second Public Service Announcements about driving safety. In mine I incorporated my magic by using the Russian Roulette plot to get my point across. My goal has always been to not only entertain, but HELP with my magic, and this was a perfect opportunity to do so.

Well, I found out this week that my video has made it to the finals. From now until January 4'th voting is open online. The winner will receive $1000 and have their PSA professionally produced and aired on television. To be honest, I wasn't happy with how my video came out (shooting nightmare... perhaps I'll share that story sometime), but to have the opportunity to have the video redone PROFESSIONALLY (which includes not only an amazing message, but our art as well) is an absolute dream for me. I will be donating some of the money to charity, and the rest will go towards my college.

All I need is for you guys to vote, even if it's just once a day or a few times a week. You can follow the link below, watch the videos, and vote there. There is no registration or anything, just a simple CAPTCHA code.

Now, what is in this for you guys if I win? Well, on my YouTube channel I have made a video asking for support, and because of this blatantly self-centered plea for help, I have agreed to be punished. In the comments of the video (or here, if you wish) you can suggest punishments for me if I win. These can be funny or crazy things I have to do on camera. Remember to be reasonable, folks, there's some stuff I'm just not gonna do ;)

I infinitely appreciate any help you guys give. Thanks so much for your time and support. Not only are you helping me, but a great charity as well (click here to view the charity I support)

Thanks again,
C

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
This is deeply immoral and, some would even say, cheating to give yourself an unfair advantage. I hope you feel suitably disgusted with yourself.

Despite all that, I voted for you. Best of luck man ;)

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Dude, he didn't force you to vote...

Sorry, was that aimed at me? I was joking :p I think it's good that people are using magic to express their views about important matters, rather than just trying to pick up girls. That's what an artform should do. And if he wants to advertise his video, then he may feel free :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results