Magic Con Playing Cards

Nov 3, 2010
Hey guys do you know where i can get the magic con playing cards if anyone has them i would love to buy them

May 7, 2009
i think your being a little hard on him. What if hes a collector? Just because he wants to buy some cards does not make him any worse of a magician. Ive also heard pretty good things about the cards.

To answer your question i am not sure if they will be releasing them. I assume if they do it will be in limited quantities.

Nov 3, 2010
they have a different design, i like they way they look and their magic con cards :) thanks for the comment kmagic and also to you sabor

Feb 4, 2008
Whatever happened to magicians caring about magic?

Patrick, past experience both on this forum and in other chats has shown me you seriously need to quit messing with sh*t that doesn't matter. Screw magic-con playing cards. They're either as good as or worse than bicycles.

Go read RRTCM again.

And don't torrent it, either. Half.com has them for $0.75.

Get off your high horse kid. I'd like to point out to you, as I have before on this forum, that because T11 sells custom cards this forum gets visited by many card collectors. One of which, a nice elderly lady who is an avid collector, lobbied a complaint about how difficult it was to ask serious card collecting questions on the E and T11 forums without someone retorting in a rude or inconsiderate manner. If you are a card carrying member of the Red Back Bike Nazi fan club then so be it. Interject your opinion when the topic is clearly pertaining to using custom cards in magic. In this case, the only thing we know is that the guy is a collector. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being an avid collector of cards.

I'll also add that a great many well regarded magicians are also avid card collectors. It makes sence, a great many hunters collect antique fire arms. The two go hand in hand. Trust me....you do not NEED red backed bikes....unless you are a gimmick monkey who needs access to the most gimmicked deck in human history.

Sorry for the rant. Truth is there are plenty of RBBNs who I hold in high regard. Perhaps the most compelling of which, Jamy Ian Swiss, would be happy to debate the use of custom cards in magic but would likely NEVER stoop so low as to tell someone who is obviously interested in collecting cards that he must buy a bike.(come to think of it he wouldn't stoop low enough to post on a forum lol.)

Last edited by a moderator:
May 18, 2008
Hey Saborfang,

You are obviously not a performer as you lack the people skills necessary to succeed in such an industry... However, since I have never seen you perform, if you perform at ALL the way you act (let's hope not!) than Pat Duff is by far a better magician than you are. His simple asking of a question is far more professional and mature than your response, and so I think I speak for everyone when I say that he must be a better performer (by FAR).

Stop being arrogant; either be helpful or get out of your basement and actually perform for once.

PatrickKun

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.patrickkun.com
From what I heard, Magic-Con's card may be sold later on the site. Those card has the newest finish on and it is super smooth not like a cheap card that you mentioned. They handle super super nice and upcoming cards may use the same finish.

Jun 10, 2010
Get off your high horse kid. I'd like to point out to you, as I have before on this forum, that because T11 sells custom cards this forum gets visited by many card collectors. One of which, a nice elderly lady who is an avid collector, lobbied a complaint about how difficult it was to ask serious card collecting questions on the E and T11 forums without someone retorting in a rude or inconsiderate manner. If you are a card carrying member of the Red Back Bike Nazi fan club then so be it. Interject your opinion when the topic is clearly pertaining to using custom cards in magic. In this case, the only thing we know is that the guy is a collector. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being an avid collector of cards.

I'll also add that a great many well regarded magicians are also avid card collectors. It makes sence, a great many hunters collect antique fire arms. The two go hand in hand. Trust me....you do not NEED red backed bikes....unless you are a gimmick monkey who needs access to the most gimmicked deck in human history.

Sorry for the rant. Truth is there are plenty of RBBNs who I hold in high regard. Perhaps the most compelling of which, Jamy Ian Swiss, would be happy to debate the use of custom cards in magic but would likely NEVER stoop so low as to tell someone who is obviously interested in collecting cards that he must buy a bike.(come to think of it he wouldn't stoop low enough to post on a forum lol.)

Don't be. I deserved it.

I'd just like to state for the record, however, that I'm not a bikes-only man. It's just annoying to have seen him pop up 3 threads in less than a week about a different custom deck each time. Not that it justifies my actions, of course.

My apologies to Patrick, Eostresh, Popchris3, and anybody who was offended by my comments on this thread.

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
Really guys? Almost half the threads I see now deteriorate into something like this. Just answer the guys questions, say relevant things, and dont bother trying to attack others. We all know that you wont change your belief about him and he will always defend himself(and so I dont get yelled at, I will say that this applies MOST of the time, not all of the time), so don't bother.

EDIT: while typing this sabor wrote an apology, something which earns him some respect from me. But what I said above still is true in many threads I see. One person is 100% sure he is right and the other is 100% sure he is, and their argument just will never stop.

On topic though, I think I read somewhere that they would be selling them on D&D's site but I'm not too sure about that. We'll probably know more in the coming days and after Magic Con ends

Nov 3, 2010
it's alright sabor i respect your comments completely thank you for your apologies have a great night

best wishes

Feb 4, 2008
Don't be. I deserved it.

I'd just like to state for the record, however, that I'm not a bikes-only man. It's just annoying to have seen him pop up 3 threads in less than a week about a different custom deck each time. Not that it justifies my actions, of course.

My apologies to Patrick, Eostresh, Popchris3, and anybody who was offended by my comments on this thread.

Wow! You earned points from me. Again I apologize for my rant but I frequent forums on both subjects and see both as worthwhile persuits in their own right.

To the OP: I can't help you with that specific card but I can say, check out Brooke Michaels Poker world from time to time. http://www.bmpokerworld.com/ She is a good source of secondary market cards. She will usually get collectible cards as soon as they drift into the secondary market. The cards will usually be more expensive than cards bought retail, off of the initial run, but a lot cheaper than most e-bay sellers.

@saborfang. You were right to apologize. You know what? You're probably the first person on a t11 forum to actually admit that you was wrong. Alot of people here (not pinpointing anyone specifically) continue arguing after they have been told off for giving negative comments. I'm not a fan of nega-comments and i can't understand why people would want to give hurtful comments. You also earned points from me. cheers mate! Have a nice day! (and i really hope you're not that kind of guy who lives entirely in his basement only. :p) And pat duff, i'm also interested in them XD here's a nice review about them http://robincarey.com/magic-con-cards-review/

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results