nmacarthur

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Hey all,

A while back I put up a thread with one of my YouTube videos of me performing magic for some College Kids (if you haven't seen it yet definitely check it out). Just recently I put up PART 2 (link below). Between the two videos there was a sort of message that I wanted to convey about how powerful magic can really be. I'd love if you guys would go and check them out and tell me what you thought! Thanks for watching!

Cheers

Feb 1, 2017
Henry (i think was his name) makes the magic feel cheap. His reaction is great, but he is in damn near every shot reacting astonished to tricks he has seen "8 times". He should only be the spectator for maybe one group that you perform for, not multiple groups. He gives off the vibe of a paid actor.

Your spectators seem a little disconnected until the reveal of the trick. Not all of them just some. Notably the blond at :40 and perhaps even the girl at 1:26. Their reactions are great, well done, but I think there may be something lacking in your script/freestyle leading up to the reveal. To be honest it feels a little dry. I'd suggest you add a little story, or a little bit of jokes as you perform. Example: When a spectator is picking a card you could say,

"Pick any card. I'll even keep them face up so you can see what you're picking. Picking it face down is a lot like blind dates. I hate blind dates. Once I went on a blind date with this girl and it was god awful. She was drop dead gorgeous, educated and had a bomb personality. (Beat) Yeah, but she didn't like magic tricks it was never gona work. Anyway are you happy with that card? You can change your mind, girl. You got options with me ;)."

I don't know if that's the best example, but it's a joke mixed in with a little bit of flirt. Maybe it's not your style, but you can see where I'm going with this. Your actions leading up to the reveal can represent more than just "pick a card". It can be a story, a joke, a way to connect and build rapport. But this can also, if done excessively, can take away from the actual trick as well. Gotta experiment.

Besides all that though, bro I think it was a pretty solid and entertaining performance/video. The message at the end is also sweet, simple and I liked it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results