Magic Gig Tips

Nov 12, 2016
So I'm going to keep this short and sweet haha: I want to start doing some gigs and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to do this. I know this is kind of general but just general information on how you get to doing your gigs. I have done a few things but just looking for ideas I don't know if this makes any sense. Sorry! :)

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
How long have you been performing magic? What kind of venues do you generally perform in? What is your goal for performing gigs?

The first thing I generally recommend to anyone who wants to start getting paid is Jamie D Grant's "The Approach".

Nov 12, 2016
How long have you been performing magic? What kind of venues do you generally perform in? What is your goal for performing gigs?

The first thing I generally recommend to anyone who wants to start getting paid is Jamie D Grant's "The Approach".
ah thank you very much I will check this out. Right now I kind of just want to do some restaurants because I really enjoy the street magic and table magic. Big stage illusions not too much my thing haha im very comfortable with rings coins cards and the like.

I second a vote for The Approach. It's a really good book.

The co-producer of my Street to Stage show and I did a live hangout where we share all the stories and experience we learned while producing it. That show led to quite a few gigs so if you are interested, I'll share the video link here:

Nov 12, 2016
I second a vote for The Approach. It's a really good book.

The co-producer of my Street to Stage show and I did a live hangout where we share all the stories and experience we learned while producing it. That show led to quite a few gigs so if you are interested, I'll share the video link here:
Ah thank you very much ill be extra sure to check out the approach. Also I think I have watched or seen you somewhere before haha, youtube? Im not sure.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results