Magic in Atlanta

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Good morning folks (it's 2:51 AM down here in Sydney),

I'd like to find out about magic in general in Atlanta, GA - I would be grateful to hear from anyone in this area, or about this area, including magicians, magic shops, clubs, and so forth. Please PM me or reply here.

Thanks,

~P.

Sep 6, 2010
Hi! I live in Atlanta so I would be glad to help! In atlanta, we have an IBM (Ring 9, not ring 7), a SAM, and we will be having a SYM within the next year. There are 4 magic shops which I am familiar with: Eddies Trick Shop (2 locations), El Drussos (best one out of all of these), and there is a fourth one in downtown Atlanta, but I do not remember the name. We have very talented magicians in our area such as Dan Garret (IBM President 94-95, won greater altanta magician 6 times, head of ffff convention, and performed for George W. Bush in his inaguration) and Joe M. Turner (too much to say about him, but he did perform for E McMahon who was an EXTREMELY famous tv reporter). MAgic is great in Atlanta! There is enough magicians to jam with and hang out with (including a few teenage magicians), but not too many so there is always a few shows for you! I hope I helped you!

-Ben

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

What the heck was I thinking when I said Ring 7? It is indeed Ring 9. I am here in Atlanta as well and if nothing else, will be happy to hook up with you and say hi, buy a beer whatever when you come to town. My email address is MagicNewswire@gmail.com

Shoot me an email and we'll connect when you are here if you like.

Ben, why have we not met? ;-)

You have added a great deal of info that I had intended to mention including info on my friends Joe & Dan. Ken Scott is also a member here as is Rolando Santos from CNN International. Sorry that I was in such a hurry when I posted earlier.

For what it is worth, I have been to El Drussos in Discover Mills, but have never seen anyone there demonstrating. The one employee that I have met had no idea what I was talking about when I asked questions about the magic. Lots of DVD's on the shelves but no "magic" for me. By comparison, Eddie's always has a working magician behind the counter. Maybe it was just bad timing on my part, but I was less than impressed with my visits to El Drussos

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Thank you both for your replies, that's really helpful!

Magic Newswire, I've sent you a PM. Ben, I'll PM you soon as well.

As my profile says, I live in Sydney, Australia, but I'll be spending a semester at Emory University on study exchange. I expect to be over there from early Jan to early May (i.e. Spring semester), most likely living on campus. I'd love to meet up with both of you and would also love to meet others in the area as well. I'm 20, and would be happy to meet up with both teenage magicians and the older folk, too. It sounds like there are some really great magicians in the area, should be fun :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results