Magic in the Family

Mar 2, 2008
story and disccusion

Well it was my dads birthday and his sister called to wish him a happy birthday, so did my little cousin (5 years of age). they sung happy birthday and then my little cousin said he was learning magic tricks that are better then anthonys (me). I just started craking up. Then my dad ask if he could see them, he said no.... you might tell anthony what tricks i do.

We all thought it was halirous.

Anyways, does anyone in your family do magic? Little or old?

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
My Grandpa does! I just recently found that out. He does very simple tricks like the one the masked magician screwed up with the aces, but I still act blown away... He really enjoys it.

D

Deleted member 2755

Something interesting that I found out a few months ago that a veeeeeeery distant relative to me (I don't even know if he's blood related...) a long time ago did stage magic when he moved to America so he could earn himself and his family a living. I guess it's in my blood now. :D

My brother used to do magic. Buy every little thing Penguin would come out with. :) I remember when I was young my brother would get the package in and I would beg him to show me the trick. Then eventually he go so into it and he would just learn an effect and perform it very quickly after that I got bored and I hated seeing his tricks. Later he quit because he didn't have the right guidance in magic and it was just sort of a phase he went through. I on the other hand am happy to say I'm not like that. :)

-Doug

Mar 2, 2008
Pretty cool.

I'm wondering how far my cousin will take this. He did watch me do tricks and stuff but i bet he got the idea when he was at a kids birthday party and they took tour in a magic shop and got to see a 30 min show.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I found out my grandfather was a card cheat one year before he died. He was a hold-out and number two man. I cant remember exactly well but he was real slick and smooth about it. And he a nice,hardworking,handsome man who you wouldnt suspect of being in that. Which was perfect.
He's the one who really taught me about the artistry in cards(or cheating?)
Made me respect them as tools. Not toys.

May 31, 2008
My cousin and I had a magic kit when we were little (we shared a room) We were terrible at all the tricks. That was probably my first experience with magic, even though I had never actually seen it performed.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
My grandfather almost became a professional magician. Whenever I ask him why, he always tells me "I wasn't good enough". lol

He was what got me into magic. I remember seeing the 'Multiplying Bunnies' trick at a young age and being flabbergasted.

Ever since I got into magic as a kid he always urged learning from books and bought me a copy of Royal Road when I was 10. It took me some time to really appreciate what he was doing for me.

He still memorizes stacks in his spare time to keep his mind "fresh".

May 31, 2008
My grandfather almost became a professional magician. Whenever I ask him why, he always tells me "I wasn't good enough". lol

He was what got me into magic. I remember seeing the 'Multiplying Bunnies' trick at a young age and being flabbergasted.

Ever since I got into magic as a kid he always urged learning from books and bought me a copy of Royal Road when I was 10. It took me some time to really appreciate what he was doing for me.

He still memorizes stacks in his spare time to keep his mind "fresh".

That's really cool.

I'm really enjoying this thread.

amkov

Elite Member
i was told by my dad and uncles that my great grandfather did magic as a hobby, apparently he liked to do thimble tricks- pure old school :D
i have an uncle that does magic too, recently he moved to my neighbourhood and he goes around telling everyone that he is the one who inspired me to start doing magic but thats not true at all, and that really pisses me off... cuz if u compare me to him, im am much much much better than him when it comes to just anything in magic... so ye, when he goes round the neighbourhood snatching my attention, i just go and steal it back :D i guess thats mean, but i dont like false rumours of me going round town, so i guess its just payback... i do help him with stuff though... :)

story and disccusion

Well it was my dads birthday and his sister called to wish him a happy birthday, so did my little cousin (5 years of age). they sung happy birthday and then my little cousin said he was learning magic tricks that are better then anthonys (me). I just started craking up. Then my dad ask if he could see them, he said no.... you might tell anthony what tricks i do.

We all thought it was halirous.

Anyways, does anyone in your family do magic? Little or old?
my uncle....

i know i know...but seriously he got me into magic by never revealing when i was little...i was determined to do bigger and better things...i have succeeded...but hey...thats my story...

My mother is a professional clown for a living. I was raised doing circus shows, birthday parties, and balloon animals. My whole family is in the industry some how. My brother is a sound tech for live shows and an amazing drummer, and my sister is a model for motorcycle catalogs and runway shows. It's in my blood.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results