Magic materials for young children

Nov 28, 2017
In my youth I toyed (word selection intentional) with magic and have always been fascinated by it... even if I have an idea of how it's done. Anyway, I have a 4-year-old nephew who says he wants to be a "matician." I thought it would be nice to get him something magic-related for Christmas.

Is there a kit without too many small items (due to his age and the presence of dogs) that would be appropriate for his age? Or maybe a simple gimmick trick (or two) I can buy and teach to him? Or am I better off making him some sort of wand and buying a cheap costume top hat to let him play magician?

Thanks.
Joe

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
There are plenty of magic kits out there with large, nearly self working props that a 4 year old might be able to do. Depends on the child too. You know your nephew better than any of us so I suggest looking at some kits online, seeing what they include, and deciding whether or not its something your nephew would be able to do.

Thats my opinion though. I’d wait for a more experienced opinion from someone on the forums.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I find a lot of simple magic at Go Games at the mall. This is a small toy store. There are small kits produced by Fantasma with lots of fun stuff. The selection is usually large enough that you can decide what fits best.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I had a cool magic want as a kid that I carried around a bunch. My favorite magic book that I got as a 7 year old was My First Magic Book by Lawrence Leyton. There were large pictures and a bunch of craft projects, but lots of good solid classic magic as well.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results