Magic Mats?

Sep 20, 2016
Hey guys, I have been practicing magic for about 6 months now, and I work on my slights every day. I was thinking that I should pick up a mat, to practice my bottom deals, false shuffles, ect. but they all seem very expensive. Can anyone recommend a cheap-ish mat to me? Thanks. Also, does anyone know if the shuffle pad from Dan and Dave is any good? I'm interested in that one.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Check out Patrick's Magic. Make sure you get plush. Don't know about the shuffle pad, but generally all of Dan and Dave's stuff is good.

Nurul

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2013
Birmingham, UK
depends on how you define cheap. Amazon and eBay are a safe bet to purchase cheapish mats, but quality may not be great. If you're based in the UK Propdog and Alakazam have a wide variety.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
A large mouse pad works good. You just can't do spreads and stuff but smaller stuff it's cheap and works great.

Dec 18, 2016
First post for me.

Until you find something that you really like and want, why not make your own for practicing. I went to a local dollar store and bought a 14"x 18" table place mat for $1.50 (nothing there seems to cost $1.00 any more), $10 for a yard of felt at local fabric store (would probably make 6 or more mats), and $10 for a large can of spray adhesive at Home Hardware (probably will make 20 or more practice mats and also good for making double backers etc. if your need them). You have something inexpensive, can roll up for easy storage or transport, easy to replace and who cares if you forget it somewhere or someone else spills beer on it, make another one.

In the end I am sure there are some very good commercial products (such as those recommended above) which will be well worth the purchase when you are ready but for something impromptu and easy to use for practice, consider making your own.

TerryAdy

Elite Member
Sep 22, 2013
Nacogdoches, Texas
www.TerryAdy.com
Twistedartistry.com

Hit me up in a personal email. Im currently building a handful of boards for people, doing custom stripped deck work and building all the Smoke V2 units, here at Theory11.

I'd be more than willing to help you out, if you are interested though.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Thank you
Terry Ady

Sep 20, 2016
Hey guys, thanks for all of your responses, I ended up getting the shuffle pad, as I had some gift money to spend, and I am really enjoying it so far. Thanks for all the help, and I will most likely be making another one, so that I can just have one that I don't mind carrying around to places with me, I am already working on some tricks that are getting much better due to the mat I have. Thanks!

Twistedartistry.com

Hit me up in a personal email. Im currently building a handful of boards for people, doing custom stripped deck work and building all the Smoke V2 units, here at Theory11.

I'd be more than willing to help you out, if you are interested though.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Thank you
Terry Ady
Hi Terry. Just ran across your post and wanted to reach out. I'm looking for some custom mat work or possibly table work. stacked@kardsharp.com - Houston Curtis

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results