Magic Memorabilia

Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Was wondering what interesting items everyone had that had to do with magic outside of cards, props, books that teach sleights or methods etc.

Books on magic that are historical, posters or cool photos, or anything else interesting! Would love to see/hear about it!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I've got some first edition magic books that are vintage and/or antiques. Some of my props are likewise vintage or antiques. A mechanical pencil from the dust bowl, children's wooden alphabet blocks from the 30s, keys, stones, etc. Shrunken heads. A set of decorative masks given to me by a vampire. Haunted doll from Gettysburg, voodoo doll from New Orleans.

That sort of thing.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I have a poster of one of Thurston's old promotional posters, and some smaller ones for Houdini and Carter. I sent a couple to @RealityOne, such as Keller and Adelaide Herrmann.

I also recently received an old advertisement of my great great grandfather, who was a hypnotist as well as some other things.

Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a poster of one of Thurston's old promotional posters, and some smaller ones for Houdini and Carter. I sent a couple to @RealityOne, such as Keller and Adelaide Herrmann.

I also recently received an old advertisement of my great great grandfather, who was a hypnotist as well as some other things.

I love the artwork on those old promo posters. I have a spirit board that has some illustrations that were taken from some of Keller's posters. I'm originally from the Erie area so I am always looking for cool stuff from him!

Nov 26, 2017
I recommend an original edition of Expert at the Card Table, some rare David Blaine posters, Cards as weapons (just because it is a joke) and some Jean Hugard.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Cards make awful weapons.

Pretty sure Cards as Weapons was meant to be something of a publicity thing for Jay, since he held the world record(s) for card throwing. The book features a nude model demonstrating the various grips and such as I recall. I will say "Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women" is an excellent book to have on the shelf though.

Jan 2, 2016
California
Cards make awful weapons.

Pretty sure Cards as Weapons was meant to be something of a publicity thing for Jay, since he held the world record(s) for card throwing. The book features a nude model demonstrating the various grips and such as I recall. I will say "Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women" is an excellent book to have on the shelf though.
Ah okay. That's what I was thinking.

Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I recommend an original edition of Expert at the Card Table, some rare David Blaine posters, Cards as weapons (just because it is a joke) and some Jean Hugard.

I have seen a few fairly expensive copies of it. Not sure if it is an original edition or not. The black edition seems to run a little bit higher in price as well.

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
I have a signed deck from Mr. Teller and a signed deck from Piff the Magic Dragon...

Going to Vegas next month, hoping for an autograph from Matt Franco and -fingers crossed- Criss Angel.

This summer I'm going to a lecture here by Shawn Farquhar...I'll definitely be getting a deck signed then.

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I've got a bunch of Vernons books signed by the main himself. David Blaine decks and signed posters, original Cardini Peau Doux's and heaps of rarer books I've come across at auctions or in others collections and made reasonable offers for.

Nothing truly exceptional but I love them all none the less.

B.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results