Magic Party Favors

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hi y'all,

I'd love to hear from you, I have a private, upscale party that I will be performing for in a few weeks. It will be held at a resort and a few congressmen will be in attendance.

The party planner wants to have magic party favors like decks of cards on the tables. She asked me if there were any other types of magic themed party favors that I would suggest.

I have some ideas but I'd love you hear what you all have to say.

Josh

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Interesting. I wonder if you wrote out some super easy muggle magic tricks on a small sheet with your website and name on it, that it could be added to the deck of cards - it would be a neat take away and put your contact info in the hands of each person there.

I wonder if there would be a way to effectively teach them an easy take away with whatever she decides on.

hmm, very intriguing. I'd like to hear how this turns out.

Reactions: Josh Burch

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
It will be held at a resort and a few congressmen will be in attendance.

Union and Citizen playing cards?

I wonder if you wrote out some super easy muggle magic tricks on a small sheet with your website and name on it, that it could be added to the deck of cards - it would be a neat take away and put your contact info in the hands of each person there.

You could probably use effects that the attendee can do to themselves from a shuffled deck. That way, they read the instructions and fool themselves.

I'm thinking of suggesting the Fortune Telling Fish and some ESP cards.

I like the Fortune Telling Fish. The ESP cards, I'm not so excited about. They will get more use out of regular playing cards. I'd go with Tally-Hos so you can get 4 different types of decks.

You could do inexpensive props like an Imp Bottle, Drawer Box, Ball Vase, Vanishing Cube, Pen through Coins, Hot Rod, etc.

If you like, you could make a bunch of the old flap style 3 card monte sets.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Give them the Silly Billy inflatable wands, some drinks, and let them all whack each other with them. :)

In all seriousness, I love Reality Ones 3 Card Monte "Flapper" style set idea. This will allow them to perform magic with little to no experience at all by the time they go home.

Are there children attending or just all adults? Either way, if you went with mini zig zag rope, or mini finger chopper, items like that....they will then take them home and have an item to give to their child at home to enjoy.

If she wants this classy though I'd refrain from the little cheap plastic kid items on tables. It might look tacky.
Can you give us more info on the event?

I'll keep brainstorming.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
What about Buddha Money Mystery? It is Self working and allows for vanishes, changes, and or restoration.
It runs about $3.00

Or a deck of Tally Ho and a Karl Fulves Self Working Card Trick Book?

I guess it depends on what the event planner wants to spend on items/budget.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
As it turns out they ordered all of the party favors before they heard back from me. They turned got a bunch of finger traps, decks of cards and cheap dollar tricks.

Congressman Pete Sessions was there. We got talking about magic and copyright law. He was behind the legislation that passed recognizing that magic is an art. I've attached a picture of us below.

At one point during the conversation he asked if I knew David Copperfield. I responded enthusiastically and said that I love David's magic. I think he understood this to mean that I knew David on a personal level. After he took the picture he pulled up David's number on his phone and had me write a text to David. That was totally awesome and all but I felt like a twerp, it makes me nervous that he said something to David to imply that we are friends (I've seen Copperfield twice live, we have never met). So, I texted the greatest magician of all time and may have come off as a complete phony that's hungry for attention. Maybe that could have gone better.

Attachments

• 16832342_10210709523081680_7761568525086246413_n.jpg
    16832342_10210709523081680_7761568525086246413_n.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 50
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results