Magic performance with Pass

Jan 2, 2019
:)Hi I am pass freak and I wanna know magic that enhances the effect of Pass. Could anyone tell me any magic performance sthat wisely utilize the pass? Any comment, suggestions or hints are welcome.

Mar 4, 2018
ACAAN with a memorized stack. For added power, I recommend Penguin's Marked Deck since it comes in Mnemonica stack right out of the box so you could perform ACAAN with a freshly sealed deck.

Jan 2, 2019
ACAAN with a memorized stack. For added power, I recommend Penguin's Marked Deck since it comes in Mnemonica stack right out of the box so you could perform ACAAN with a freshly sealed deck.
Thank you Jason. So in that case once you know where the card they said you count either from the top or bottom and pass as many cards according to how many cards they say the card is from the top right?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
This is all my honest opinion, not a definite answer:

IMO the Pass should never be the center point of your routine. The entire point of the Pass is to use misdirection to invisibly cut the deck. The moment you rely on it being the actual move, it kind of fails its job.

It is very much a "magician's move" as laymen aren't going to be impressed by it to the degree that card handlers are.

This doesn't mean that the Pass is useless, however. It is a great tool to use, especially when you realize how much you can do with it. Once you get your angles down, it is perfect when used with misdirection. You can take almost any single or packet card control you need and replace it with the pass. You can also use it outside of the classic control method. Have a card in your pocket that you need in the center of the deck? Cop and pass. Need to get rid of a card from the middle of the deck? Pass and Palm away. Need to discretely cut the deck? Pass.

Notice how for all of these, there is a ton of other options. However, the Pass is just that: an option. There is no need to use it just for the sake of using it. In fact, if you're using it just to use it, I suggest not using it. But if you're looking at a routine you like and think a pass fits, go for it.

So to answer your question, effects and routines cannot inherently intensify the effect of the pass, because when done correctly, the pass itself should appear to have no effect: It's a tool that should be used to put together your performance.

Again, just my opinion.

Reactions: Kate 998877
Jan 2, 2019
This is all my honest opinion, not a definite answer:

IMO the Pass should never be the center point of your routine. The entire point of the Pass is to use misdirection to invisibly cut the deck. The moment you rely on it being the actual move, it kind of fails its job.

It is very much a "magician's move" as laymen aren't going to be impressed by it to the degree that card handlers are.

This doesn't mean that the Pass is useless, however. It is a great tool to use, especially when you realize how much you can do with it. Once you get your angles down, it is perfect when used with misdirection. You can take almost any single or packet card control you need and replace it with the pass. You can also use it outside of the classic control method. Have a card in your pocket that you need in the center of the deck? Cop and pass. Need to get rid of a card from the middle of the deck? Pass and Palm away. Need to discretely cut the deck? Pass.

Notice how for all of these, there is a ton of other options. However, the Pass is just that: an option. There is no need to use it just for the sake of using it. In fact, if you're using it just to use it, I suggest not using it. But if you're looking at a routine you like and think a pass fits, go for it.

So to answer your question, effects and routines cannot inherently intensify the effect of the pass, because when done correctly, the pass itself should appear to have no effect: It's a tool that should be used to put together your performance.

Again, just my opinion.
I really appreciate your dedication to my question. And yes I am very much aware that Pass is just pass after all. This is just to explore more possibilities in pass but what I meant is like ‘Peak pass’ by Richard osterlind, which wisely takes advantage of pass. Sorry for my poor way of asking

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results