MAGIC REVIEW: "B.C. Shuffle" by Jeremy Griffith

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com

The "Overhand Shuffle" is perhaps one of the most common ways to mix up a deck of cards. What if I told you that someone came up with a clever way to control a card using this shuffle? Multiple Cards? Maintain the entire stock??? This week we take a look at the "B.C. Shuffle" by Jeremy Griffith!

Full Review HERE:
http://www.obrienmagic.com/blog/review-bc-shuffle-by-jeremy-griffith

Reactions: Lindel
Oct 12, 2016
Utah
Great review! Does this have significant advantages over just a standard overhand shuffle control, as taught in books like Royal Road? I assume the false overhand shuffle taught here is more convincing than basic version covered in Royal Road as well.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Great review! Does this have significant advantages over just a standard overhand shuffle control, as taught in books like Royal Road? I assume the false overhand shuffle taught here is more convincing than basic version covered in Royal Road as well.

Great question! There are several overhand shuffle variants. Each with their won set of pros and cons. This particular handling requires a bit more "control" of the cards to be executed properly, but looks extremely clean. If you are controlling 1 or two cards, I would stick to the version you already know. However if you wish to learn an awesome full stock retention (the whole deck stays in order) then this may be a great one for you.

Aside from the shuffle control itself, you learn a few other techniques that will help you out in other areas of your card magic. So I believe it is a great move to learn, if even just to deconstruct it and learn the individual components.

Reactions: Karo-K54 and Lindel
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results