www.youtube.com
Title: Double Take
Creator: Jason Knowles
Publisher: Magic World
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level: All
Run time: 57:10

Type of effect: Bill to card transpo

Manufacturer's Write Up: Finally, a bill trick that works in multiple currencies including plastic notes!!!

Double Take is an absolute reputation maker and your spectators will remember you for this long after you leave your gig!

Double Take is based on 2 devious gimmicks working together to put you so far ahead of the spectator that it will be impossible for them to back track.

It comes in £'s €'s and $'s but also works with any of the following currencies:
Chinese 5 Yuan, Australian 5 Dollar, Hong Kong 10 Dollar, Singapore 5 Dollar

It's easy to make and comes with everything that you need to construct both gimmicks in any of these currencies. It comes with 3 really strong detailed routines as well as multiple other applications and change ideas. It can be performed discretely, as in the Double Take routine, or visually as in the ambitious money routine. The visual change of the card into the bill looks so good that your social media followers will swear it's a camera trick!

Double Take Effect:

The spectator selects a card and puts it back in the deck wherever they want.
The magician tries to find the card, but pulls out an indifferent card that the spectator confirms is wrong. The magician pulls out his wallet and offers to raise the stakes. He shows a bill in his wallet and asks the spectator to hold onto it. If the magician cannot find the card, the spectator gets to keep the bill. The magician places the indifferent card under his foot. The magician continues to try and find the card until they reach a startling conclusion... The selection has vanished from the deck! The magician opens his wallet and the spectator reaches inside to pull out the bill -- but instead lies their selection!

The magician steps back and now the bill is under his foot. The magician then spreads through the deck again and the indifferent card is reversed in the middle.

Ambitious Money Effect:

A card lost in the deck rises to the top, where it springs up and transforms into a bill in mid-air. The selection is now in the magician's wallet. Invisible Pickpocket Effect (With permission from Patrick Kun to use this presentation): The spectator selects a card and holds onto it as the deck is put away. The magician pulls a bill out of his wallet and then passes the empty wallet to the spectator. The magician then takes the selection back from the spectator and then folds the bill in half and puts them together. The magician places the bill and card inside the wallet while the spectator keeps hold of it. The magician then explains about pickpockets and then slides the playing card out of the wallet. The magician then explains about invisible pickpockets and, with a slight flick of the wrist, the card changes into a bill. The spectator opens the wallet to find their selection inside.

Bills and cards in the same effect - a double winner for audiences!

What's in the box?
Not much. You get a “thing” that should match the currency that is in your country and you’ll get some familiar material often found in effects like this. You also get the video download code, gimmick and 2 page pdf

Key points: The trick is a 3 way transpo – first, the card is lost in the deck, then the magician finds the ‘wrong card.’ The magician places the ‘wrong card’ under his foot and then shows the inside of his wallet with a bill in it. Then the spectator’s card travels into your wallet, the bill travels underneath your foot and the ‘wrong card’ travels back to the deck.

How are the production values? Multiple locations, and presentations. You get a studio performance, a seated gimmick construction shot and an explanation shot. You get a HD camera shot and adequate sound.

Is it well made:
You make it.

Is it well taught: Inspired by Card to Money tricks like ‘Risky Bet’ by Henry Evens, Extortion by Patrick Kun and C/M by Casshan Wallace – but this one allows for more bill types from other countries.

The DVD begins with gimmick construction – which I skipped to the presentation of the effect first, because it does me no good to build something if I don’t know what the end result should look like.

Ultimately he teaches how to build two gimmicks. One is more complex using real bills, or one that is much simpler using the materials he gives you – watch everything before you decide what you want. Half of the video is gimmick construction.

That leaves almost 30 minutes of explanation for the effect which is more than enough.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?"
Hides invisibly in your wallet.

Does it "play big?"
I think the trick has a few “steps” and it’s important that you create a routine that has a clear flow so that the spectator clearly understands the various magic steps that take place. First this happens, then this… then this.

Difficulty / Skill level required:
No difficult moves or sleights.

How much arts and crafts are involved?
You will need to build the gimmick yourself using your own cards, money and arts n crafts tools. (you will be ruining the money)

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?)
Nothing too gimmicky or difficult that it would not work in the real world. Great for street magic where spectator’s are standing and can see your feet.

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
__X__ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts: One of my very first gimmicks was a bill to card – based on this same principle. John Kennedy’s Dollar Monte – but it didn’t have all the bells and whistles like this one. This is John Kennedy’s Dollar Monte but …. On steroids…. And with bionic implants. (ha ha)

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review:

I received this effect for free from Murphy’s Magic for a fair and honest review.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results