www.youtube.com
Title: Spiraled
Creator: Jimmy Strange
Publisher: Merchant of Magic
MSRP: $ 16
Skill Level: Beginner
DVD Run time: 27 min

Type of effect: Twisting Pen Magic

Manufacturer's Write Up: Everyone knows what a Sharpie is... So, it's time to give it a twist!
  • After you have used a Sharpie, ask a spectator to hold it tightly in their fist. Slowly rotate the pen as you pull it from their hand... it comes out impossibly twisted in the middle!
  • Write the word, "twist" on a little piece of paper, and explain that you are going to prove the 'POWER OF WORDS.' You wrap the paper around a Sharpie and ignite it. With a flash, the Sharpie is twisted!
  • Before you put away your Sharpie, you take a moment to hold it at the fingertips and twist it as if it's made of candy.
"Have you ever had your words twisted?"
"Every good story should have a 'twist' at the end..."
"Let me prove to you the REAL power of words..."

Spiraled comes with a fully working, twisted Sharpie and the tools you will need to twist the pen right at your fingertips.

The Spiraled Sharpie can be used as your everyday working 'magic pen.'
Whenever you have a card signed, or a prediction written down, you can pause and show a jaw-dropping piece of 'magic along the way.' Alternatively, perform Spiraled as a feature effect, perhaps showing how the words people write can have far more impact than they think.

Spiraled comes with a detailed online video tutorial. Jimmy Strange teaches you the full handling and a range of great Spiraled effects. So get Spiraled, and do the twist!

How accurate is the ad copy? Good hype, no deception

What's in the box?
You get the gimmicked pen, elastic thread and the download code

Key points:

* Easy to do
* The spectator can use the Sharpie before and after the twist
* Visual, surprising magic
* Resets in seconds
* Can be performed 360º
How are the production values:
Only his hands DIY as he teaches you to make a pen pull for your normal sharpie
Camera never moves

Is it well made: Yes, it is a real sharpie and that has been hand molded.

Is it well taught: The video is 27 minutes long and almost ½ the video is spent on DIY to create a pull system for a normal sharpie. Mr. Strange offers a few trick options, a Trick with a business card, With a lighter, With flash paper and with a Lubor lens – Now, of course, this is where he got the trick idea from – which is how I would recommend using it. As a closer if you normally use a sharpie to have your cards signed. I would say, don’t worry about “switching or pulling.” Your spectator already held the item so they know it’s real. Simply bring out the spiraled gimmick at the end of your set and “do the twist.”

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Same size as a standard sharpie marker bullet tip.

Does it "play big?"
I think a lot of this will be build up from YOUR presentation.

Difficulty / Skill level required:
none

How much arts and crafts are involved?
none

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?)
Yes

Overall score:
let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_____ Very Satisfied
__X___ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts Paul Harris teaches how to make a twisted pen on his lubor lens instruction, so really this is just Jimmy Strange’s take on that effect. I like it, and I certainly think a sharpie marker is more organic to a card magician, since that is one of our traditional props.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results