Magic Scholarship

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
Irving Quant has been talking to me about doing a magic scholarship. He really wants to help younger magicians that are 18 yrs of age and younger who can't afford to buy the books to learn and wants to be able to provide them with an education in magic.

Heres the deal:
Irving is going to sell the remainder of his DVDs that he has left [40 of them] He is going to take that money and use it to buy books for younger magicians, he isn't keeping a penny of the money made from the sale of those DVDs. If you are a magician 18 or younger and you buy one of Irvings DVDs your gonna get the DVD for $35 signed, and then hes going to take your $35 and buy books for you with that money. One of the books hes going to pick for you, hes going to choose a book he thinks will best benefit you and if there is the option of getting anymore books you will get a list to choose from. If your an older magician and you buy a DVD it will be signed but the money will go into a fund to purchase books for younger magicians. Then all the money in the left over fund will be the scholarship. For the Scholarship each magician will have to write a 3 page essay, the topic is unknown right now but will be announced on Irvings Facebook wall, So if you don't have him on facebook yet, add him.

Before he actually does this.. he wants to make sure enough magicians are interested in this. Just go on his facebook wall or post in here and let us know if you are interested. We need 40 young magicians.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I think it is a great idea to get some books into the hands of young magicians, however, what happens when or if that young magician decides magic is not their cup of tea? Are these books now wasted? Should they get sent back so that another magician can have them? I see this all of the time in our IBM ring. The young magicians come and go due to interests that change. Cars and Girls tend to replace most magic for guys who are in their teens. I wonder if there is a way that if that magician then discontinues magic...he/she can send the books back if Irving pays the shipping cost to have them sent back. I'm just throwing ideas out there. I could be way off base.

Mar 15, 2011
send the discontinued books to me, I'll take em! I think this is a very kind offer, and I believe I shall accept! Thank you!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results