Magic Shops in Bangkok Thailand.

Apr 2, 2017
California
Hello friends,

Long story short my wife and I have been traveling for about 9 months. We are now in our first stop in SE Asia. I am down to 2 decks of cards and they only sell plastic cards here. Does anyone know of a magic shop in Bangkok? I also need more loops and flash paper.

-thanks

Reactions: JohnnyLarue
Sep 13, 2014
Ohho magic is the only place in town. There are a few places at Chatachak market but it's hit or miss.

I'm sure you already know this but magic with coins/money isn't OK here. Also, depending on the police, having cards in public gives you unwanted attention.

Reactions: Ned Devine
Apr 2, 2017
California
Ohho magic is the only place in town. There are a few places at Chatachak market but it's hit or miss.

I'm sure you already know this but magic with coins/money isn't OK here. Also, depending on the police, having cards in public gives you unwanted attention.

I have heard that it is frowned on. I have not busked here and was not planning too. Do you know why it is frowned upon?

Thank you for the shop recommendation! I will check it out later today!

Reactions: JohnnyLarue
Sep 13, 2014
I have heard that it is frowned on. I have not busked here and was not planning too. Do you know why it is frowned upon?

Thank you for the shop recommendation! I will check it out later today!

Playing cards are illegal in the sense that card games are illegal/frowned upon. I did a card trick once for a few Thai friends and my brother in law at a local bar and my cards were taken away by an off duty police officer. Another example in the link below.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ges-led-thai-police-to-raid-expat-bridge-club

Money magic will get you arrested or a severe beat down as the King is on the money and as such money should be treated with the utmost respect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results