Magicians

Jul 29, 2008
Hey there T11 guys and gals!
I was just bored and messing around with my cards when a random thought came into my mind....
With all the talk there's been about mentors and professional magicians I thought if I could meet any professional magician/magicians then who would I meet?
And if you could get any magician you would want to mentor you then who would it be?
Just a random thought....
Have a good one!
P.S. Say why if you want to!

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
If I could get any magician to mentor me, it would 100% have to be Juan Tamariz. What a fantastic man, I feel very lucky to have been able to meet him and shake his hand at the Eastbourne Convention.

If I could get any mentalist to mentor me, it would 100% have to be Derren Brown, for obvious reasons.

However, I must say that there are a number of pro's that I'd just like to have as friends, like your regular friends y'know?

- Sean

May 24, 2008
I would love to meet Chris Kenner and ask him to show me his retention pass (and how he does it of course).

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
How could you choose just one person. There are so many great magicians in the field. I would want to be mentored by everyone from Copperfield to Houchin. If the space time continum is not an issue I would love to meet Houdini...

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
For one person, I would choose Derren Brown. From what I've seen (which is a lot), He is a great magician and has great ideas. I also would want to learn some hypnotism and NLP techniques.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
definitely wayne houchin, his work is an inspiration in so many different ways, just sucks i live on the other side of the country. thats who id want to meet in a mentor sense, id definitely want to party with the Amazing Jonathan though. haha

Sep 3, 2007
How could you choose just one person. There are so many great magicians in the field. I would want to be mentored by everyone from Copperfield to Houchin. If the space time continum is not an issue I would love to meet Houdini...

Yes, but we are in the age of fan boys.

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
If I were to get mentored, Dan and Dave. If I were to met anyone, Dan and Dave. Becuase I mostly do card magic. And They're great. :D

Sep 3, 2007
If I were to get mentored, Dan and Dave. If I were to met anyone, Dan and Dave. Becuase I mostly do card magic. And They're great. :D

Hopefully they wouldn't teach you stuff that you can't grasp. That is the essence of magic.

Jul 29, 2008
I think I might've not been detailed enough in my post but you can meet ANYONE, ANY number of magicians and you can pick a bunch of people you WANT to mentor you but if you could only pick one. An example would be ; I would want Wayne Houchin, JB or Lepaul to mentor me but I would pick Lepaul.

Just quickly off the top of my head magicians I wanted to meet would be the T11 staff including Mr. Raiker (If I spelled his name wrong, I apologize!), Daniel Garcia, David Blaine, Justin Miller and the list probably goes on but I can't think right now because I'm eating... (Mint-Choco Ice-Cream if you're curious ;) )

I would probably pick Mr. Hoochie Oochie (Wayne Houchin :p ) to mentor me and if he couldn't then probably JB!

Thanks for your replies guys and gals!

Nov 10, 2007
If I could have any magician mentor me in magic [ specifically cards ] without a doubt 100% chris kenner. Why because he has been there done that. Also hes amazing:) I LOVE YOU KENNER:D

Chris Kenner! Why? He:

Wrote the best magic book on earth or off (TOoC).

Is the best coin magician on earth or off.

Great at cards.

Does the most awesome magic on earth or off.

Has a dang sexy woman half his age living with him.

Has loads of experience.

Is freaking hilarious.

His magic style is very close to my own.

Is the all around best magician on earth or off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had a second choice it would be a clone of him.

If I had a third choice it would be Mr. Kenner half the time, and David Blane, Brad Christian, Jeff McBride and Danny Garcia all at the same time at the times Kenner was not there to make up for not having Kenner there.

I'm a fanboy!

Oct 17, 2008
Well, that's a really tough one.
Wayne Houchin is my favorite... his ideas are totally out of the ordinary.
But, then, there's Garcia, and Aaron Fisher, Brad Christian(for his teaching expertise), and so many more...
I can't really give an opinion on that, but if I had to...
Maybe Wayne. Possibly pick of some of his creativity?
Nah. I have no idea... I can't decide.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Chris Kenner! Why? He:

Wrote the best magic book on earth or off (TOoC).

Is the best coin magician on earth or off.

Great at cards.

Does the most awesome magic on earth or off.

Has a dang sexy woman half his age living with him.

Has loads of experience.

Is freaking hilarious.

His magic style is very close to my own.

Is the all around best magician on earth or off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had a second choice it would be a clone of him.

If I had a third choice it would be Mr. Kenner half the time, and David Blane, Brad Christian, Jeff McBride and Danny Garcia all at the same time at the times Kenner was not there to make up for not having Kenner there.

I'm a fanboy!

Best coin magician? David Roth.
Best Book? That would arguably be Expert at the Card Table.
Most awesome magic? I think Juan Tamariz would take the crown.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results