MAGICisDEAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidMisner, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Hey guys!

I'm guessing most of you have heard that Daniel Madison is starting a new "Magic Underground". The site ishttp://www.magicisdead.com. There isn't a lot of information on it, but I can tell you that it is supposed to take magic back to being an art, and start a new generation of illusions. The application form is now available on the website for anyone who wishes to join.

//David.Misner::

2. hmmm...sounds suspiciously exactly like this one website ive heard of...i think the name was...oh yeah theory11?

yeah that was it.

3. not the greatest name for a magic site in my opinion, but we'll see how it turns out

4. I don't think that it is going to be a store. Sounds like an IBM ring or something. I'll fill out an application, and hope for the best!

5. anyone else filling applying...i'm thinking about it....

6. Except for the fact that this site has been up longer than T11 has. They just started registration to the public thats all.

Sounds alright, but I don't feel like paying to join another site. I already pay for TSD.

7. I'd love to turn in an application, but I'm afraid that I'm not exactly as experianced as I'd like to be. Maybe sometime in the future whenever I feel good about my skills.

Shane K.

8. Well I submitted an application, just to see what would happen, it's not like anything bad could happen in just trying. The concept looks cool, I'm looking forward to the end product.

-RA69

9. i want to apply...but...it looks kinda intimidating because i havent accomplished anything and i dont feel that im that good anyways.

10. This site seems interesting... But it looks like they're looking for skilled professionals who've been into this art for a LONG time... I feel intimidated too =P

11. Don't feel intimidated. You'll never know if you never try.

The name "Magic Is Dead" isn't exactly appealing to me...

12. Maybe we will get lucky and have Daniel actually post here exactly what the UMC is all about and what comes with being accepted into it.

Shane K.

13. I don't have enough patience to fill out an application. :D

Joining a magic underground community shouldn't be as hard as getting a job. Haha!

Tony Blake

14. On the application it says that age is not a factor. Therefore the young guns can join as well.

Mitchell

15. I just hit send!

16. Lol, there is a member named MagicisDead, who's been a member since september, and posts on every topic of TnR.

17. I think it might be daniel madison

18. i dunno if i should fill one out as i have no idea what i am getting into as it says you need to pay fees and stuff. i might apply when i find out what i am actually getting into

ps. what are those numbers down the bottom?

19. Hmmm, what are they indeed? But anyway, you can cancel your membership if you are accepted and you don't like the payment, ethics, etc.

20. Underground?

David,

If it's on the internet, it's mostly likely not underground. It's probrably quite the oppisite actually.

Underground stuff are things ment to be kept secret. Away from the public. Search Theory11 or Ellusionist on Google, they pop up right there first link first page as sponcers. Oh yeah, way to keep it on the down-low.

True underground magic is when a group of magicians, and it doesn't even have to be a group, it could be just two people, get together and discuss ideas, theorys, and new effects and keep it to themselves to tell to a select view. No flashy website. No flashy advertising. No forums. And those are the best types of magic tricks. The originals and not the just cheap-o rip offs found on nearly every magic website...ever.

Secrecy. Definition of "underground".