Maiden Back T11 Marked Deck?

fdavidn

Elite Member
Aug 29, 2015
I am digging through a drawer of decks I haven’t used in a while. I came across a T11 branded Maiden Back Deck USPCC/2014. It is clearly marked but it is also in some stack order. I’m familiar with most stacks (not that I have any memorized) but I can’t figure out which stack this is.
The stack markings are on the top-middle of each card (except for the 4C wich is I assume card #52). They are Marked #1 thru #51. The order of the first several cards is2H, 7/D, 3C, 4H, 6,D, AS, 5H…. then #47 is QS, 48=10D, then 6C, AH, #52 is 9D, and then the un-marked 4C..
Can you please tell me the name of this stack. It’s not that I intend to memorize it but I would like to know what it is just for the record.

fdavidn

Elite Member
Aug 29, 2015
I figured it out. It’s the regular Mnemonica stack. It’s really difficult to find a list of the stack order on the web without buying a book.
after asking the question I started digging through some old instructions and found my answer.
i am curious though why the post about all the T11 decks ever made does not include this deck.

fdavidn

Elite Member
Aug 29, 2015
Is it THE CODE from Andy Nyman?

Andy, I understand and agree completely. I have read about this book and would highly recommend it for young card magicians.
But for me personally it’s a little late in the game. IIRC Juan T. ”invented” this stack in the mid ‘70s. I think I remember some made up “nursery rhyme” that would help one memorize the stack. I choose to pass on learning it because my focus was on Parlor and Stage magic. Who new then how much card magic would explode as it has in the past few decades. At any rate, for me now at 80 years old, I’m lucky to remember what day it is let alone remembering a 52 card stack. It’s not in the card (so to speak).

I would also recommend a SUM deck for something similar but different. They’re hard to find but it lets one do some of the same miracles with the Stack. I don’t know of any Rider/Maiden/Mandolin decks that offer the feature. The one I have is a Phoenix. I would be curious if anyone knows of any others that are available.

One other thing about the Mnemonica Stack. I have the old T11 Maiden back from 2014 that I don’t see you offering any more. I have another deck that is virtually the same as the T11. I bought a brick of them around a year ago but I don’t recall from whom. It’s a red Maiden back. On the bottom it says “Pai Gow Card Rankings”. I think it was listed for sale simply as “Pai Gow Maiden” if anyone is interested in a Standard-looking Mnemonica Stacked deck combined with “Reader” Marking.

fdavidn

Elite Member
Aug 29, 2015
David, I know. I got carried away. Sorry.
I’m not sure which stack Andy Nyman’s “The Code” is. I also don’t know if the book has a deck with it or not.
I did figure out that the T11 Maiden back deck I was asking about is secretly marked/numbered on each card using the Mnemonica deck order. It also is a Reader marked deck.
I believe when I purchased it it was for sale as a deck only and did not come with a book. It probably came with a card showing the Mnemonica system but, as I said, I had put it in a drawer probably 5 years ago and I just couldn’t remember what it was.

fdavidn

Elite Member
Aug 29, 2015
It might be “The Code” then. It’s labeled “USPCC 2014”. I have the “Marksman” deck too.
Thank you David for your input. I know you are the go-to-guy for info about marked decks.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
It might be “The Code” then. It’s labeled “USPCC 2014”. I have the “Marksman” deck too.
Thank you David for your input. I know you are the go-to-guy for info about marked decks.
This sounds like The Code. We don't have many Maiden-back decks, and none of them are sold outside of a trick. The Code matches the description you have given.

For clarity, if I recall correctly the deck uses the Mnemonica stack, but is cut so that a different card is on top. The Code also has lots of other tools built in, as you have noted.

// L

Reactions: fdavidn
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results