Major Problem - Resolution

Jan 23, 2008
Elyk Pmed me about the show so I thought that you guys might want to here also...

Wll Kyle thank you SO very much for taking so much interest in my show; the last 48 hours leading up to the show was very busy so I'm sorry if I didn't have time to reply, I had created a triple trilogy outline for my show so I had to perfect everything new I was adding.

I went to the show and I went to perform everything went GREAT!!!!!! They were amazed of what I could do. The show lasted for about an hour but because I had a balloon animal act in the show I also offered to make anyone else who didn't get one a balloon animal if they wanted one. SO that took another 30 min approx. SO The entire thing lasted just about 1 and a half hours and was very good.

After my show the kids went on a boat ride and the mother came back We started talk and she was amazed how much I had improved since halloween "the last show" she watched the show and saw how much devotion I put in to created this show especially for her daughter so I turned out that she payed me $60 even though i didn't even talk about the money! It was a fantastic show so thanks for asking!

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Hey great job. Who says you can't hold kids attention for an hour and a half? ;p Just imagine what you can do with some more preparation, time, and ideas!
Make sure you write down what you did. That will help you in planning your act out, so you will be prepared for your next show.

gj

justin

Dec 14, 2007
50 minutes of magic and 30 minutes of balloons is NOT the same as a focused 90 minute sit down show. Trying to hold kids attention for an hour and a half? I'm afraid that's a loosing battle.

But adding the balloons was a smart choice. Later, you will want to use that as a negotiation tool. One price for the show, another for the show plus balloons. You can "throw in" the balloons should the client balk at the show only price.

There is a reason children's television programming is structured the way that it is.

Spend you time developing a solid 30 minute act. That is all you need. Eventually let it grow to 45 minutes. Sell the balloons as an add on.

Tell the parent's clearly what you offer and what you charge. You will find far fewer problems in the future.

Congrats on your baptism by fire.

Brad Henderson

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results