Making a Trick

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Hello to all reading this thread. Lately I have been thinking of new crazy tricks, mostly cards, and I thought "why not bring fellow magicians into the creation?"
So here is what this thread is about: I think that with all our creative minds here we could think up of a good trick. The trick can be with anything you want. We can post what it can be with, if it uses gimmicks, and how it is done on this thread. It can be a fun experiment for the magic community. SO, lets start thinking.

p.s. If this is breaking any forum rules, then you can close this thread.

Edit: if you have any ideas you can PM me or people willing to help make your trick. post your idea on here first though, so others can be creative and think of methods

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello to all reading this thread. Lately I have been thinking of new crazy tricks, mostly cards, and I thought "why not bring fellow magicians into the creation?"
So here is what this thread is about: I think that with all our creative minds here we could think up of a good trick. The trick can be with anything you want. We can post what it can be with, if it uses gimmicks, and how it is done on this thread. It can be a fun experiment for the magic community. SO, lets start thinking.
p.s. If this is breaking any forum rules, then you can close this thread.

Nice idea, but if you do create a trick, the moves you use would be considered exposure. As for ideas for a trick, that would be a good thread and still technically allowed, but exposure of moves and methods i don't think is allowed

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Start with an overview of an effect maybe?

e.g. spec picks card, signs card, it is lost in the deck, then found in your tictac box...

something like that

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Then we are doing ideas for a trick but not how the are done. Can we expose are own moves if we made them up or very basic moves like a double under cut?

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Okay guys here is a starting idea I have been thinking of, a deck melt through table. Basically you can make it like compression except the cards fall through the table instead of disappearing. Any thoughts on it?

Oct 5, 2008
New York
Heres an idea. A card is selected, signed and lost in the deck. You then tell the spectator to hold out their hands. Then their signed card falls from the sky and into their hands.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Heres an idea. A card is selected, signed and lost in the deck. You then tell the spectator to hold out their hands. Then their signed card falls from the sky and into their hands.

That would be amazing, but seriously, people, magic is made off of originality so I want to see how original people can be in any magic. These ideas can be great if people put there mind and time into them and anyone can think of an original idea. For example: Angle zero is a very original idea and method to the trick.

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
Now we need to make it appear without the magicians hands anywhere near it. Sean, if your method can do that then I want to know or see it at least.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
That's kind of the method I was going for, it's doable with the magicians hands nowhere near it... In fact, the way I had in mind was to hold the spectators hands as well, clearly showing them empty.

I'm not saying it's entirely workable or practical, but it's definitely doable in theory... It should work... Maybe.

- Sean

Mar 8, 2008
New Hampshire
I'm trying to think of a tele-portation trick of the magician. I know it probably is impossible with our technology but does anyone have any ideas on how it can be done?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results